By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pal Charts, Week 4: M&S strikes back

so why are these topics called pal charts
when usually i only see the uk and dutch charts?

is there no information on france, germany, italy and spain?

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

^The UK has a company that always releases the charts on Monday so we always see them, I think France, Germany, Spain and Others come out late in the week. They usually are 1 week behind the UK and Netherlands charts. Look in last weeks and you may see more countries. I know Lombard post them alot.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

@Ajax: Possibly you're not coming back to those threads after a week or two. Look here for example:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14407
There are charts for 12 regions in first two posts and for some regions there are more than one chart. They just aren't avalible for this week yet. But they will be added so check the thread in some time.

It also may be noted that those threads lose pupularity in time (I would say prematurly). Non-Uk charts are considered by many as not very important. Most of them also aren't "fresh" when posted. Thus there is more bigger chance that you will see this thread on main page (in "Hot Topisc" section) when UK charts are posted and discussed than chart for any other country.

Ace Combat ..
we see it every week in the top ten ..
but we didn't have it hear
I really want to see its number in others

kamil said:

@Ajax: Possibly you're not coming back to those threads after a week or two. Look here for example:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14407
There are charts for 12 regions in first two posts and for some regions there are more than one chart. They just aren't avalible for this week yet. But they will be added so check the thread in some time.

It also may be noted that those threads lose pupularity in time (I would say prematurly). Non-Uk charts are considered by many as not very important. Most of them also aren't "fresh" when posted. Thus there is more bigger chance that you will see this thread on main page (in "Hot Topisc" section) when UK charts are posted and discussed than chart for any other country.

yea so true. All of the other countries come in AFTER ioi updates others. People like UK and Netherlands because it gives them an Idea what to expect in the others software charts.

Kamil, do you know what it means for M&S to be #1? Like how many copies sold would that make if it were given a number? I am reffering to the Netherlands mainly, but am also intersted in UK.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

ok
good to know
i need to check these threads more ofthen then..

''Hadouken!''

It's kind of surprising how many countries that M&S has managed to become #1.

Mario and Sonic is a beast. Talk about slap in the face to those who laughed at Sega and their 4 million expectation.

i think
you can expect sonic & mario to see it's sale rise again in the weeks before the real olympics begin

so even as the sales might fall down the coming couple of months
they'll probably shoot up again this summer

''Hadouken!''

It's now at 2.5 plus million sales and going fast to shoot 3 million. 4 million here we go.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558