By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton predictions for PS4 at E3/TGS

DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
There is a reason why Sony can keep the price so low on the PS4...

what's that?  online subscription fees?

I think they will have some sort of online subscription yes, but that's not why... But it is a rather important income from them as I understand things.

well I hope you're right but I think financially it would make more sense to launch at $399.  I think as long as you stay under those $100 intervals the sales (especially launch sales) will be mostly the same.  I feel like $50 won't sway a lot of people like $200 did in the PS3 days (or $350 if weighing against a Wii).
If they come in at or right above WiiU deluxe with their pricing Nintendo will be in trouble as they will no longer be much of a cheaper option.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
Jak and Daxter should be the PS2 returning one (Sanzaru seems good with this so let them have another PS2 platformer and make it like the first one)

I would also love an exclusive Crash (they could work out some deal with Activision like Nintendo did with Bayonetta) or Medieval.

well, you're the platform master, so I expect you know about these things better than I do ;)

The PS1 era is a 1st party game, so activision will have nothing to do with it.

fair point I guess I'll go with Medieval then.  It's unfortunate Crash isn't being used for anything Activision should just sell him back.  They must still think he's worth a lot though cause Sony couldn't even get him for Allstars and you know they offered up a decent sum for Spyro and him.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

I think they will have some sort of online subscription yes, but that's not why... But it is a rather important income from them as I understand things.

PS4 to be offered on their life insurance plans confirmed?

platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

well I hope you're right but I think financially it would make more sense to launch at $399.  I think as long as you stay under those $100 intervals the sales (especially launch sales) will be mostly the same.  I feel like $50 won't sway a lot of people like $200 did in the PS3 days (or $350 if weighing against a Wii).
If they come in at or right above WiiU deluxe with their pricing Nintendo will be in trouble as they will no longer be much of a cheaper option.

Yeah, I was also arguing that it wouldn't make financial sense to price it at $349, but they're apparently only losing $95/console... And I agree 100%; Nintendo would be in a world of shitty troubles! why would anyone buy Wii U then?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
Jak and Daxter should be the PS2 returning one (Sanzaru seems good with this so let them have another PS2 platformer and make it like the first one)

I would also love an exclusive Crash (they could work out some deal with Activision like Nintendo did with Bayonetta) or Medieval.

well, you're the platform master, so I expect you know about these things better than I do ;)

The PS1 era is a 1st party game, so activision will have nothing to do with it.

fair point I guess I'll go with Medieval then.  It's unfortunate Crash isn't being used for anything Activision should just sell him back.  They must still think he's worth a lot though cause Sony couldn't even get him for Allstars and you know they offered up a decent sum for Spyro and him.

I'm just saying megaton.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

I was refering the subscriptions as rather important income for Sony :P

DanneSandin said:
Sal.Paradise said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

Hah, nice try! I obviously guessed right so you're deflecting. 

Sal.Paradise said:
DanneSandin said:
Sal.Paradise said:
DanneSandin said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:

Hah, nice try! I obviously guessed right so you're deflecting. 

Oh damn you! Now the Sony deathdealers will be after me!! nooooos!

I was really hoping that activision was letting Insomniac do Spyro again....then we had to get Bungie.

If any of this is true my money on the ps1 game would be 'Driver' its the sort of game that would sell these days.. as somebody already said Gears of War would likely be the xbox exclusive to playstation but i could really see Epic making a new i.p to be honest