By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Real Life Gundam Would Cost $725 Million

to me i believe this is a waste of money. If anything they should adapt the module that researchers at Japan’s Tsukuba University has developed. Maybe even adapt this better module as some sort of mini-gundam like unit that haves the capacity to fly and etc... Here is a video about this better module:

Around the Network
globster2000 said:

to me i believe this is a waste of money. If anything they should adapt the module that researchers at Japan’s Tsukuba University has developed. Maybe even adapt this better module as some sort of mini-gundam like unit that haves the capacity to fly and etc... Here is a video about this better module:

actaully ill disagree with the waste of money thing. This is a brilliant idea. It could truly help speed up basic intense labor.The fact it increases the pre-existing strength could be quite useful.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Being able to ride around inside a giant robot...

Priceless.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

fazz said:

Me wants... even without weapons or anything :)

is that real o.O

linky?  I want to laugh at their design.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Uh yeah, more like 725 billion. Sorry but when a fighter jet like the joint strike fighter is upwards of $1 billion each and represents an improvement over more typical and known fighter jets, there's no way a gundam is that cheap.

Poor analysis FTW

Around the Network

Just consider that, in the universe of Gundam, giant mobile suits where made useful by adding certain elements to the conditions of the battles:

-Long range battles (read, with jets) where not possible because the discovery of minovsky particles, that disrupted radars, comms, etc. That meant a rebirth on close combat battles.
-Given that tanks couldn't access all terrain out there, mobile suits are useful.
-Height of the suit gives an edge on visibility.
-First mobile suits couldn't fly, they where designed as extremely advanced and versatile tanks.

Just for the note, I think it's more feasible a 10 meter tall mech than a 20 meter one. It would be useful in urban combat environments, and probably controlling riots and such.

fazz said:
Just consider that, in the universe of Gundam, giant mobile suits where made useful by adding certain elements to the conditions of the battles:

-Long range battles (read, with jets) where not possible because the discovery of minovsky particles, that disrupted radars, comms, etc. That meant a rebirth on close combat battles.
-Given that tanks couldn't access all terrain out there, mobile suits are useful.
-Height of the suit gives an edge on visibility.
-First mobile suits couldn't fly, they where designed as extremely advanced and versatile tanks.

Just for the note, I think it's more feasible a 10 meter tall mech than a 20 meter one. It would be useful in urban combat environments, and probably controlling riots and such.

Neither mech is really feasible.  The way the are expect to walk and cope with terrain just wouldn't happen.

Kasz216 said:

Someone should foward this to Bill Gates. He is rich enough and nerdy enough to get this done.

Make two and have em fight.

Lol donald trumph VS bill gates. FIGHT!

naznatips said:
fazz said:

Neither mech is really feasible. The way the are expect to walk and cope with terrain just wouldn't happen.

Ok, probably 10 meters is too much... how about 5? Right now there is not much tech out there for walking mechanisms, but with the proper technology it would be much more agile and faster than our current tanks.

Yeah, I love gundams. 

I don't care how much it would cost. But could you USE it? I would love to fly around, blow stuff up, etc. But I wouldn't dare drop 725 mil on a big metal box