By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think FF:CC:Crystal Bearers is being transformed into a different title.

First of all hi my name is pgtl_10, I'm 23 and have mostly posted in Wii General Board on IGN. I post occassionally on GAF as well.

Recently EGM suggested that Crystal Bearers is in big trouble but a lot of evidence points to SE actually completely transforming the title:

1. Iwata originally announced that the game will have online but recent news suggests that isn't the case.

2. One preview said that the game is going to focus more on the single player aspect. The game also looked more like an adventure game.

3. The video shown of the game shows a dramatic change from the original Crystal Chronicles. No more chibi art style and the game is played from a behind the back perspective like Skies of Arcadia.

Those reasons indicate that the game stranded too far away from the original FF:CC concept so maybe SE decided it should be a different title/game altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal Chronicles is dropped from the title altogether.

Then again SE's president has been giving conflicting comments about Wii and said SE will analyze the Wii's userbase. Maybe they feel the project would fail so they axed it.

Around the Network

No way it's going to fail. And if the game is being 'transform into a different title', so be it. As long as it ends up a great game. If anything, it might be a benefit. Just look at RE4 and its constant revisions.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
No way it's going to fail. And if the game is being 'transform into a different title', so be it. As long as it ends up a great game. If anything, it might be a benefit. Just look at RE4 and its constant revisions.

I never said it wasn't a benefit or that is was going to fail. I am just saying that maybe the title isn't in trouble like the rumors are circulating.

Oh, I'm sorry I sounded so negative. It's just that I'm having a bad day. Really I wasn't aiming my negativity at you. Hope you can forgive me =).
And Welcome!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
Oh, I'm sorry I sounded so negative. It's just that I'm having a bad day. Really I wasn't aiming my negativity at you. Hope you can forgive me =).
And Welcome!
 No problem and thanks for welcoming me. I like this forum because the amount of posting options and the good amount of traffic. I think this might be my new forum soon. 

Around the Network

It already transformed into a different title, and purposefully so. They've already done an interview explaining why, Ring of Fates and Crystal Bearers are offsetting each other in approach being that RoF keeps the traditional CC style with focus on multiplayer while TCB moves into a slightly more realistic style for single player and storytelling.

IGN said it themselves that SE is just practicing a blackout, TCB is actually quite far along and should see a release this year.

Also, as much as I want them to drop FF out of the title and just go present CC as an original series, it looks like Nintendo has secondparty rights to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles so changing the moniker mightnot even be possible on SE's part.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"