By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - POK-E-MON!!!

I have not been on here since the new pokemon games were released (I'm sure you all missed me, right?) because Ive been anticipating the game forever, got it on launch day, and, between school work and playing it, I have had not time for getting online.  Im amazed to be unable to find a single thread about it. Im sure many many many of you on here love the series (no matter what your age).  Its not just another pokemon game (which i would have been more than happy with) its amazingly well done, with many added things, and new things. Its a very very very good game, anyone with a DS and any interest should get it.  I just figured Id make a thread about it, now everyone tell me how much you love it!

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

This is my first one (Diamond), a bit slow on the battles, but still pretty fun methinks. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said:
This is my first one (Diamond), a bit slow on the battles, but still pretty fun methinks. :)

Yea, I hear alot of people say it has the slowest battle system yet. I guess I just dont notice it, because I have played at least 1 of each set of versions of the entire series, and see no real difference in the speed of battles. How exactly is is "slower?"

I hate to say it but I dont see how the system can slow down more than it already was... it was turn-based. Unless they completely re-did the menu system, and made it worse... And if they did that, Please tell me.

'Pok-E-mon Diamond is the worst pokemon game out yet, they completely destroyed the controls... blarg blarg blarg.'

No, not really. I dont like to bash games I havent played yet, or seen enough for me to judge it. (if it's not out yet, it's fair game tho) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I never played pokemon so I gavediamond a shot. and yeah it IS slow. Not in terms of the interface, but just because the text moves so damn slowly. I remember playing an Grandia 2 on the DC and you would do a special move, and the animation would take a minute to complete. Well this is the same damn thing but there isn't even a cool animation. Just a few words of text.

I can see why it's popular though, I play it on the train and it's a decent way to pass the time, I could see myself playing for a long time just collecting pokemo, but it does get frustrating that the battles go so damn slowly. I think I can understand why Nintendo never brought it out on a home console, it would get old very quickly if you weren't just doing it to pass the time.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

go to menu -> options

set

Text speed to FAST 

Battle Scene to OFF

See if that makes it faster for you 

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

battle is slow, even you set everything to fastest possible.

The game automatically got the "kid game" image. Hell, it's Pokemon, of course it's for kids, right?

Now, if you look pass that and actually give it a try. it's hella deep rpg. I've rake up nearly 40 hrs and I think I hadn't got through half way.

The game is also very easy, you just need to know strengths and weaknesses and you'll breeze through.

Parts of the game where you get npc join you or get to go in 2v2 battle. Those are a lot more fun since you can cover your weakness with another pokemon. Battle suddenly becomes more strategic. It would be awesome if you can go 4v4 or even 6v6. Base on the complexity of the strengths/weaknesses of the pokemon types, I think this game got the most variety system I've played.

I've never gotten into Pokemon games before. Tried maybe for a few minutes years ago. This new one definitely worth playing, IMO.

Another thing that's great is that the game introduce you to side games that you can ignore completely as you advance from town to town. Much better than throwing everything at you at once. I think the first 2 gym badges adventures are more or less tutorial to the game.

/waits for FF Tactics A2

Galaki said:

battle is slow, even you set everything to fastest possible.

The game automatically got the "kid game" image. Hell, it's Pokemon, of course it's for kids, right?

Now, if you look pass that and actually give it a try. it's hella deep rpg. I've rake up nearly 40 hrs and I think I hadn't got through half way.

The game is also very easy, you just need to know strengths and weaknesses and you'll breeze through.

Parts of the game where you get npc join you or get to go in 2v2 battle. Those are a lot more fun since you can cover your weakness with another pokemon. Battle suddenly becomes more strategic. It would be awesome if you can go 4v4 or even 6v6. Base on the complexity of the strengths/weaknesses of the pokemon types, I think this game got the most variety system I've played.

I've never gotten into Pokemon games before. Tried maybe for a few minutes years ago. This new one definitely worth playing, IMO.

Another thing that's great is that the game introduce you to side games that you can ignore completely as you advance from town to town. Much better than throwing everything at you at once. I think the first 2 gym badges adventures are more or less tutorial to the game.

/waits for FF Tactics A2

Seeing that, I will never buy it. I do not like easy games. :|

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

it sounds like more of the same, with some minor updates. doesn't really matter, will buy it anyway. Even if its a weak one it's still better than most games.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

omgwtfbbq said:

I never played pokemon so I gavediamond a shot. and yeah it IS slow. Not in terms of the interface, but just because the text moves so damn slowly. I remember playing an Grandia 2 on the DC and you would do a special move, and the animation would take a minute to complete. Well this is the same damn thing but there isn't even a cool animation. Just a few words of text.

I can see why it's popular though, I play it on the train and it's a decent way to pass the time, I could see myself playing for a long time just collecting pokemo, but it does get frustrating that the battles go so damn slowly. I think I can understand why Nintendo never brought it out on a home console, it would get old very quickly if you weren't just doing it to pass the time.

Umm, yea they have. There are I think 2 out for the cube and a new one coming out for the Wii. Ive never played them, and I do not believe they are the exactly the same thing, but still, there are console versions.