By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PRAISE THE CHOCOBO! (Basil and Xypher's YouTube Thread)

Tagged games:

WiiBox3 said:
Been subscribed for a while now buddy. Keep up the good work.

With a lisp I say, been subscribed for a lickety long ..time now, homie. Keep up the fappin' good work.

Around the Network

February 20th Update

Bastion (PC) Playthrough Part 16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6MaTgD0ho

I know i ain't got much going now ;p (as much as Basil I mean), but as soon as I complete uploading Makai Kingdom onto my old channel, I shall begin uploading it onto my main channel and then start uploading my next playthroughs/LP's.

XypherMHT's (Old) LP Youtube Channel (Currently Uploading - Let's Play Makai Kingdom)

XypherMHT's LP/Playthrough Youtube Channel (Currently Uploading - Bastion Playthrough)

so basil, question, which software are you using to record your gameplay (PC that is).

I am currently using OBS which also lifestreams to twitch...

BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:
so basil, question, which software are you using to record your gameplay (PC that is).

FRAPs 3.5.9. Build - 15586

Using Sony Vegas Pro 8 for editing.

So, if you try making encodes of 720p gameplay (1080p on screen but the video only records 720p) how does FRAPs fare up? Since I am recording at too high quality right now (well I think I am) for my PC to handle it. The problem not being that the recording is unsmooth, but rather that the game start to stutter sometimes. I would like you to make a direct comparison (lol, maybe that is a bit too much asked).

BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:
BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:

FRAPs 3.5.9. Build - 15586

Using Sony Vegas Pro 8 for editing.

So, if you try making encodes of 720p gameplay (1080p on screen but the video only records 720p) how does FRAPs fare up? Since I am recording at too high quality right now (well I think I am) for my PC to handle it. The problem not being that the recording is unsmooth, but rather that the game start to stutter sometimes. I would like you to make a direct comparison (lol, maybe that is a bit too much asked).

Not exactly sure o.o

The resulting recording usually depends on the settings I use for the game itself and the settings I use for my videos which are:

Video capture settings : 60 FPS at Full Size

Everything else comes out depends on the bit rate and the frame rate settings I use on Sony Vegas.

so you basically let fraps decide?

I am currently going for 24fps @ 720p... I am trying to get a Capture Card so that I can go 30fps @ 1080p or 60fps @ 720p for the recording and still can play smoothly on my laptop

All I am really curious about right now if I can save up computing power by changing the software used for recording (since that capture card is still far away)

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsOD5D4brk

^ so that you can see my corrent recording results

Subscribed!

Keep them coming, Banjo brought some good memories.

May I ask what you used to capture the video? I want to do some with DKC games :)

Edit: err nvm, read the above posts :p

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think this thread has dropped of basils buddy anyway ;P

BasilZero said:
Solid-Stark said:

Subscribed!

Keep them coming, Banjo brought some good memories.

May I ask what you used to capture the video? I want to do some with DKC games :)

Edit: err nvm, read the above posts :p

Thanks xD!

No worries!

I've tried out other capture devices but they just have a few issues or conversion issues when I use them with Sony Vegas (i.e. audio missing).

FRAPs is the easiest at least to me and seems to be more user friendly than what I used before: Camtasia.

Anyways been doing some test videos recently alongside my other videos

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEKjhirkflU
Chrono Cross (PSX) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokNy7KsHv8
Darkstalkers 3 (PSX) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjngHXQmto

Some PS1 games seems like I might have to increase the brightness like Chrono Cross - so the final video when I do the game will be brighter.
Along with that some other games I'll have to increase the bit rate on rendering like as seen in Darkstalkers 3 - you can see the pixelation if you look carefully ;x.

Aren't you using filtering on past gen games to make them look less pixelated? (not that I care, I love the charm of pixelation)

BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:

Aren't you using filtering on past gen games to make them look less pixelated? (not that I care, I love the charm of pixelation)

Not for the tests but I usually do that yes.

Ah,  kay, I actually disable filteration for recording or image editing purposes (see sig), but if I play in full-screen I tend to filter them myself (using certain emulation tools it is pretty easy to play filtered fullscreen while you can record the unfiltered version)