By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 more powerful then the 360?

Hm ok so could the winner compare to Pcs of today. Like lets say ps3 is more powerful would it ever compare to lets say a pc with a
Intel Extreme Core 3.0ghz+if overclocked
XFX 7950 GX2 Quad SLI/Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB
3gb of ddr3
Any physics card
Windows Xp
Would the ps3/360 compare to a Pc with those specs or close. I say if you want graphics build a pc but could the ps3 be better than the pc of today.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
x360 is 2 years on the market.
ps3 is only one year on the market.

PS3 has:
best graphics in action third person shooter.
best graphics in 3D platform game.
best graphics in racing game.

even lair had amazing graphics, but that game was RUSHED, that`s why it ended bad.

Does x360 has something better after 2 years?

bigger profit

more sales duhuh

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sc94597 said:
Hm ok so could the winner compare to Pcs of today. Like lets say ps3 is more powerful would it ever compare to lets say a pc with a
Intel Extreme Core 3.0ghz+if overclocked
XFX 7950 GX2 Quad SLI/Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB
3gb of ddr3
Any physics card
Windows Xp
Would the ps3/360 compare to a Pc with those specs or close. I say if you want graphics build a pc but could the ps3 be better than the pc of today.

No.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

PS3 has a game with better graphics than Gears? While I think you mean Uncharted, that is still highly debatable.
Ok, it would be mine and your opinion, BUT i have GameTrailers words. That Uncharted has best graphics on console by date. What have you? =)
When did the PS3 get a 3D platformer? Did I take a nap and miss something?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank_Future:_Tools_of_Destruction - Genre Platformer, Shooter

When GT5 releases, I'm sure it will be beautiful. In the meantime, enjoy your $40 extended demo while I keep playing Forza.
We speak about GRAPHICS and POWER. GT5P already available and it owns any x360 racing game graphically. The end.

No.
Just your opinion, what PC is need to run FFXII at 30fps anf GoW2 and 60fps? Name charactersitics.
HINT: try to look at FF7/FF8 recomended pc requierments first. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Ok, it would be mine and your opinion, BUT i have GameTrailers words. That Uncharted has best graphics on console by date. What have you? =)

Oh, I don't know... Only the fact that I have played and beaten both games in the past three weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank_Future:_Tools_of_Destruction - Genre Platformer, Shooter

Sorry, but R&C is 95% shooter. I have a hard time calling it a platformer. LOL, just noticed that even the Wiki entry calls it a shooter.  

We speak about GRAPHICS and POWER. GT5P already available and it owns any x360 racing game graphically. The end

What? You own GT5P? Yeah, that's what I thought. Even if you did, it's still not a full game.

Around the Network

Only the fact that I have played and beaten both games in the past three weeks.
so, it`s just your opinion, nothing more.
I have a hard time calling it a platformer.
ok, that`s you problem. =)
What? You own GT5P? Yeah, that's what I thought. Even if you did, it's still not a full game.
how does this effect PS3 POWER?
ok, "not a full game" OWNING x360 full games in GRAPHICS. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Only the fact that I have played and beaten both games in the past three weeks.
so, it`s just your opinion, nothing more.
I have a hard time calling it a platformer.
ok, that`s you problem. =)
how does this effect PS3 POWER?
"not a full game" OWNING x360 full games in GRAPHICS.

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather debate foreign policy with a rabid chinchilla in a 3 foot by 3 foot box than try to have a conversation with you.

*wanders off to pick daisies*

Craazy do you take medication for your obsessive compulsive ps3 disorder?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

rocketpig said:

Sorry, but R&C is 95% shooter. I have a hard time calling it a platformer. LOL, just noticed that even the Wiki entry calls it a shooter.  

Ratchet and Clank is a hybrid platformer/shooter. He is not incorrect in calling it a platformer...

The wiki entry lists it as a 3D platformer/shooter.

You're coming across a bit bitter Rocketpig.

"What? You own GT5P? Yeah, that's what I thought. Even if you did, it's still not a full game." - this just sounds childish.

@Weezy- nice troll job on this thread.

Dallinor don't get bent out of shape if I say 360 is better.

That is my opinion. :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY