By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 more powerful then the 360?

360>PS3

PS3 can suck my balls.

By the end of 2007    1) optimistic ps3 sales: 2) realistic ps3 sales: 3) pessimistic ps3 sales:
October21,
10 weeks left.

1.24M Japan     2.0-2.5M Japan 75k-125k weekly.      1.75M Japan 50k weekly.     1.5M Japan 25k weekly.   
2.13M America 4.0-4.5M America 185k-235k weekly. 3.5M America 135k weekly. 3.0M America 85k weekly.
1.70M Others    3.0-3.5M Others 130k-180k weekly.    3.0M Others 130k weekly.    2.5M Others 80k weekly.

Folklore, Ratchet, Uncharted, Haze, HS, Warhawk, Lair, GT5:P, TC4 + UT3, CoD4, AC, HL2, GH3, RB, B5, A51  -> PS3 has games this Christmas.
Will these games move ps3, time will show.

Around the Network
CrazyMan said:
PS3 can suck my balls.

Now that's a true "NEXT-GEN" experience.

Sony Firmware Updates; is there anything they can't do?

So CrazyMan is CrazzyMan's 360-loving twin?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

rocketpig said:

CrazzyMan said:

PS3 has:
best graphics in action third person shooter.
best graphics in 3D platform game.
best graphics in racing game.

PS3 has a game with better graphics than Gears? While I think you mean Uncharted, that is still highly debatable. The art styles are drastically different and both games look great. Actually, I've beaten both games, have you? In fact, I just beat them back to back a few weeks ago.

When did the PS3 get a 3D platformer? Did I take a nap and miss something?

When GT5 releases, I'm sure it will be beautiful. In the meantime, enjoy your $40 extended demo while I keep playing Forza.

hahahah you find it hard to realize that ps3 blows 360 out of the water in its first year? wow any way you put it uncharted looks better then gears, Ratchet looks better the most games on 360 and a DEMO looks better then your forza lol sad.......

Videogame consumer's!!

Right now in terms of graphics the 360 is equal to ps3.
Ppl... wait next year b4 you get ps3. Don't follow in the footsteps of these Sony fanatics. The 360 is just as graphically impressive right now.

2009 the year for sony?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Username2324 said:
The PS3 is far superior in terms of power, the problem is up until now most Mulit-platform games have used the 360 as the lead console, resulting in a crappy PS3 port. And if you read around, most estimate that only about 25% of the PS3's power is being tamed.

As 2008 continues we'll start to see the PS3 as the lead development platform, which should start to cause a noticeable difference between it and the 360. You might also recall some games for the 360 are being released sub-HD running at resolutions such as 640p.

Don't buy into the Sony BS too much. 25%? Meh, if you're talking about theoritical power of the CPU, which developers never come close to reaching in assymetrical cored machines. I guarantee the RSX is being taxed a lot more than 25% of its capabilities.

And some PS3 games are running sub-720p also. CoD, for example... Or do you think Infinity Ward isn't a capable developer?

COD4 had the 360 as the lead console, thats why.

IYO, why was 360 lead console^

MynameisGARY

Why? It's easier to develope for the 360 at the moment, but with Burnout Paradise the PS3 was the lead console resulting in both a better PS3 version and 360 version. So in fact, its best for everyone if the PS3 is the lead platform for multi platform games.

Anyways, to answer the topics question the PS3 technically is superior, and if you compared 1st year PS3 games to first year 360 games you realize the difference, during 2008 we will begin to see the difference.

ya, 2008 we may see some difference.

But to the casual the difference wont be noticed till 2009 IMO.

We are hardcore if we can tell graphical diffrence between the 2.

MynameisGARY

Username2324 said:
rocketpig said:
Username2324 said:
The PS3 is far superior in terms of power, the problem is up until now most Mulit-platform games have used the 360 as the lead console, resulting in a crappy PS3 port. And if you read around, most estimate that only about 25% of the PS3's power is being tamed.

As 2008 continues we'll start to see the PS3 as the lead development platform, which should start to cause a noticeable difference between it and the 360. You might also recall some games for the 360 are being released sub-HD running at resolutions such as 640p.

Don't buy into the Sony BS too much. 25%? Meh, if you're talking about theoritical power of the CPU, which developers never come close to reaching in assymetrical cored machines. I guarantee the RSX is being taxed a lot more than 25% of its capabilities.

And some PS3 games are running sub-720p also. CoD, for example... Or do you think Infinity Ward isn't a capable developer?

COD4 had the 360 as the lead console, thats why.

Bull. Infinity Ward had two teams, each dedicated to one version of the game. They stated that before the game came out.

The fact is that higher native resolutions just mean more of the frame buffer is consumed. The 360 has a fixed frame buffer, but that still leaves 512MB for the rest of the memory. The PS3 tries to use more, and it eats into the 512MB it has. Therefore, it's better for both systems to use lower memory.

EDIT: They stated around when the game was released.

We had our best programmers on the PS3 [version of Call of Duty] and it shows...

However, they did have better communication with Microsoft, due to both IW and Microsoft being American.

Yet the point was that the 360 was not the lead console for the game so claiming that the PS3 version was dragged down to that level is outright false. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs