By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Casual games should be exclusive to WiiWare!

cooking mama is a bad example

chicken shoot and gingerbread man are good examples

cooking mama is a new innovative game that is a lot of fun for many people, and casuals will rent it from blockbuster (ie my sis-in-law)

just cause u don't like it doesn't mean it's not a decent game

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
When all comes to all, most casual games WILL be on the Wii regardless. In fact; 3rd parties will produce insane amounts of them because of the lure of easy and quick money, so the quality of these titles will fall to an absolute minimum (think hundreds of Ninja Bread Man).
I'm sorry to think this, but this is how 3rd parties will abbuse the Wii and they'll contribute very little to redeeming it in the eyes of the "core" gamers.

You are completely wrong. No one gives a fk about the shite games, most people wont even know that this games exists. People are talking about are the good games only.

The only ones that will be affected by this are the casuals who goes in game stores and buy games by their cover graphics.

Most casuals are not hooked up to the internet via their wii, so it would actually result in a loss in sales, wouldn't it?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

^^^^
What he said.

This may be a great idea for so calle d"core" gamers but it makes absolutely no business sense what-so-ever therefore we will never see all casual games flocking to wiiware.

stupid idea.

first off wiiware games have a limit of 40mb. second casuals are more likely to not have a internet connection. third there will be some good "core" games coming to wiiware like the one talked about today from the former naughty dog guys.

most importantly, why the hell do you even care if there are 100 billion casual game out there? if you don't want it don't buy it. Is your gaming experience cheapened because someone else is playing a game you don't like? Just play the games you want to play and give up your stupid elitist attitude about what makes a "good" game.

Around the Network

There is no reason for Nintendo to segment their userbase in this manner. Indeed, it is more likely for the "core" gamers to have their Wii connected to the Internet, and to take interest in WiiWare. Casual gamers may not even know that WiiWare exists -- they just see whatever is on the shelf at Target. Also, a low budget and small download size does not equal a casual game. There are already SHMUPs being designed for the WiiWare service, which are anything but casual.

I was going to say what XBrawlX said.
A lot of people buy Wii-s for their kids.
They don't hook them up to the Internet.
Thus, they would not be able to buy those games.
Not a good thing.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV