By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita is the best platform for Rayman Legends

Would Rayman legends be at home on the Vita?

Yes, I'd pick it over ot... 31 68.89%

Yes, but I'd rather play it on a big screen 2 4.44%

No, the Vita's userbase is not big enough 5 11.11%

No, it wouldn't support asymmetric 2 player 7 15.56%

Total:45

So I finally tried out a Wii U for the the 1st time yesterday and Immediately I went to play Rayman legends the game I think looks the most impressive. I had a blast playing it and the game looked beautiful, but I couldn't help feel that the Vita would be the best platform for the game.

It could just be me being new to the wii U but I  found a bit weird trying to control that small creature on the pad whilst looking at the TV. Naturaly you need to see where you're finger is pointing otherwise you're just really unaccurate. What ended up happening is that I would play all those sections of the level looking directly down at the wii U pad (same with my friends). Theres nothing particularly wrong with this but generally I dislike constantly having to obstruct a game with my finger hovering on top of the screen.  The  quality of 2nd screen was also fairly underwhelming ( Although, I think they turned down the brightness for the demo) and I just though this game would look much more enticing on the Vita's OLED. Not only that but from a control perspective all of the touch gentures could be be done really well on the Vita rear touch pad, meaning I would have to distrupt my view and could keep momentum because the rear touch pad doesn't require you take your main fingers off the face bottons and triggers. I know the game is graphical quite demanding but they managed to get orgins looking 1-1 with console version along with a perfect frame rate and at full res ( I think). They have to minimise a few lighting effects possibly...

I think overall it would create a more comfortable experience and I really hope Ubi port it over for the games september release. AFter all the PSvita version of Rayman orgins has sold 290k copies and over 300k including digital sales. Compared to the 360 and PS3's 550k and 700k, thats pretty impressive.

Around the Network

just got it for vita aswell. it certainly looks amazing on it

I won't buy a Rayman or any other simmilar platformer on a home console, that's just not the type of experience I'm searching for there now. I'd like to get this game on my Vita, since I'm enjoying my Rayman: Origins there.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Since I loved Origins on the Vita I would prefer to have it on there also but shall settle for the PS3 version!

PS Vita is the best platform, period.

Around the Network

rayman just feels good on a handheld. if legends were on vita that's where i would buy it.