By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pick 10 Wii U games from Nintendo

If you could only pick 10 Nintendo-published games to be released on Wii U, what would they be? 

*Note* you can only pick up to 10 and they can be all from 1 series or a new IP as well. Also, please make sure its either a new IP or existing Nintendo IP. Don't put Banjo-Kazooie, Grand Theft Auto or others that would be impossible as of now...

Mine:

1- Super Smash Bros. 4

2- Animal Crossing U

3- Pikmin 3

4- Brain Age U

5- Wii Sports U

6- Wii Party U

7- Donkey Kong U (3D)

8- F-Zero U

9- Fatal Frame U

10- New IP

Around the Network

When was the last time Nintendo made a new IP? Just wondering not trolling or anything cause I'm not sure.

riderz13371 said:
When was the last time Nintendo made a new IP? Just wondering not trolling or anything cause I'm not sure.

Pikmin is quite a new IP. The "Wii" series is also a new IP.

NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

So then 2006? That's when I'm assuming a game with the "Wii" name in it came out.

1. Metroid Prime 4. More like original 2 primes less like prime 3.

2. Starfox U

3. Fire Emblem

4. Pikmin 3 (yay)

5. Super Mario Galaxy 3

6. Zelda U, no more of that Skyward Sword crap.

7. F-Zero

8. New IP

9. Smash Bros

10. Another 3D plat that isn't Mario. I don't care if it's DK, Yoshi, or a new IP. I just want it.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

So then 2006? That's when I'm assuming a game with the "Wii" name in it came out.

Yeah, Wii Sports was the first "Wii" titles game.

And I guess NintendoLand could be a new IP. So that pushes it to 2012.

They actually do make new Ip's, it's just that most of them are smaller, or don't have as much mainstream appeal. 

The last new IP they made that could build up mainstream appeal/could be expanded into a non fad franchise is Pikmin.

riderz13371 said:
NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

Xenoblade, Steel Diver, Pushmo, Pandora's Tower are just a few that come to mind from recent years.

JWeinCom said:

Xenoblade, Steel Diver, Pushmo, Pandora's Tower are just a few that come to mind from recent years.

Steel Diver was a new IP? I thought it was an old game re-done...

And I thought Pushmo was made by someone else? Same with Pandora's Tower.

NintendoPie said:
JWeinCom said:

Steel Diver was a new IP? I thought it was an old game re-done...

And I thought Pushmo was made by someone else? Same with Pandora's Tower.

Steel Diver was originally a DS tech demo that never wound up panning out, but the first actual retail product was when it came to the 3DS.

Pushmo was, I believe, made by Intelligent Systems, who are one of Nintendo's studios who work on fire emblem, and Paper Mario games among others.

Pandora's Tower was I believe a joint effort between Nintendo and Ganabrion.  I could be wrong on that though.  THe game was published by Nintendo in Japan, but they declined to bring it to the US, and another company (Xseed maybe?) stepped in.

Oh and Endless Ocean and Tokyo Crash Mobs.  With Tokyo Crash Mobs their last new IP was... I dunno... a week or two ago?  Electroplankton...  I think DIllon's Rolling Western was 1st party.