By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You people want MOAR Power in 8th Gen consoles, but........

hivycox said:

btw.: Ace combat looks brilliant and I don't see THAT much difference with that vid your posted a moment ago

The video in youtube runs in 1080p at max... you will never see the difference in a video... I just posted to show a GTX 680 running games in 4k.

Edit - It's not Ace Combat... it's BattleField 3.

Around the Network

hivycox said:

here you are mistaken:

the GTX 680 can do 4k on these games...BUT these games are developed this gen....for current gen consoles...so its obvious that PC's can handle them way betttr with a 680....

but as I said in my previous post = future game won't allow a 680 to handle 4k....thats for sure...

here is a example = my old PC from 2006 can play San Andreas on 4k...can it play games from 2006 or 2007 in 4k....I don't think so

What a fuck are you saying... the GTX 680 can run games in 4k... the future games will target the GTX 780 or 880.

The guy said "No it can't."... I replyed saying "it can".

ethomaz said:

hivycox said:

btw.: Ace combat looks brilliant and I don't see THAT much difference with that vid your posted a moment ago

The video in youtube runs in 1080p at max... you will never see the difference in a video... I just posted to show a GTX 680 running games in 4k.

well yeah I can't argue with that ... It surely will be impressive... But Ace combat can put out nice graphics even with an outdated console like the ps3... I'm just saying that there won't be a visible jump in the next gen...

ethomaz said:

hivycox said:

here you are mistaken:

the GTX 680 can do 4k on these games...BUT these games are developed this gen....for current gen consoles...so its obvious that PC's can handle them way betttr with a 680....

but as I said in my previous post = future game won't allow a 680 to handle 4k....thats for sure...

here is a example = my old PC from 2006 can play San Andreas on 4k...can it play games from 2006 or 2007 in 4k....I don't think so

What a fuck are you saying... the GTX 680 can run games in 4k... the future games will target the GTX 780 or 880.

The guy said "No it can't."... I replyed saying "it can".

Well It was a replay to what you said earlier

hivycox said:
ethomaz said:

hivycox said:

well yeah I can't argue with that ... It surely will be impressive... But Ace combat can put out nice graphics even with an outdated console like the ps3... I'm just saying that there won't be a visible jump in the next gen...

It's Battlefield 3... not Ace Combat.

Around the Network

hivycox said:

Well It was a replay to what you said earlier

lol I'm a little confused

teigaga said:
Mazty said:
ethomaz said:

Mazty said:

If you think the PS4 can game at 4k you've no idea what you're talking about. Even $1000 GPU's couldn't game at that resolution with a game with decent graphics.

Wrong. The top GPU in the market (GTX 680/HD 7970) can run game in 4k in max setthing.

No it can't. The HD7990, the most powerful card out there is only able to handle those resolutions. FYI run a game = 60 FPS min and max settings = BF3

Whats required for system to game at 4k? could it possibly be that such GPUs are not built for 4K in mind, as opposed to the inherent cost of  4K support equating to matching the most powerful GPUs in specs and price. Obviously simply beeing able to support a resolution does not mean all games will run at it. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,3329.html

3 GB DDR5 memory and about $1000

There is no way 4k gaming will happen anytime soon for the level of graphics found in modern day games. 

ethomaz said:

Mazty said:

No it can't. The HD7990, the most powerful card out there is only able to handle those resolutions. FYI run a game = 60 FPS min and max settings = BF3

Oh God... It can.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/6/18/the-4k-graphics-card-shootout.aspx

That's not even close to 60 FPS. 

Mazty said:

Battlefield 3 runs at 30fps in consoles... so what?

I proved you are wrong... GTX 680 / HD 7970 can run games in 4k.

"Running Battlefield 3 at High settings at 4K resolution, the HD 7970 got an average FPS of 33 FPS with a minimum of 26 and a maximum of 45. At this resolution and these settings, there was absolutely no noticeable lag and the game played like butter. The GTX 680 didn't do much worse with an average frame rate of 30 FPS and a maximum of 45 and a minimum of 18. This also played smoothly for the most part, but there were a few instances where a short bout of lag could be noticed."

ethomaz said:

Mazty said:

Battlefield 3 runs at 30fps in consoles... so what?

I proved you are wrong... GTX 680 / HD 7970 can run games in 4k.

"Running Battlefield 3 at High settings at 4K resolution, the HD 7970 got an average FPS of 33 FPS with a minimum of 26 and a maximum of 45. At this resolution and these settings, there was absolutely no noticeable lag and the game played like butter. The GTX 680 didn't do much worse with an average frame rate of 30 FPS and a maximum of 45 and a minimum of 18. This also played smoothly for the most part, but there were a few instances where a short bout of lag could be noticed."

I specified 60 FPS did I not?

Dropping below 30 FPS is not acceptable. 
Not even passing 45 is not a good show. 

If the game played like butter then why do competitive FPS' insist on 60 FPS minimum...?

Either way what is your point? The next consoles, as far as I'm aware, won't even come close to the power of the HD 7970. As for the GTX 680 18 fps is wholly unacceptable.