By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Meeting 2013 Discussion Thread! SEE THE FUTURE! PS4 incoming! NEW Yakuza and Atelier for PS4!? THE Last Guardian now an Orbis game!? Wallstreet Journal: Gaikai for BC!

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
pezus said:
Somebody tell me how you copy pics straight from your PC like ethomaz just did. I've tried again and again but nothing works. Always have to use an image hosting site

I use this site: http://webcodertools.com/imagetobase64converter/Create

Copy the Image tag code and paste it into HTML Source Editor (the HTML icon).

I don't have account in image hosting site... so I use that.

Testing

Edit: Woohoo, thanks!

Around the Network

Guys..some kind-of good news. One of the more respected users over at gaf has said Edge is correct about both the 720 and PS4. While the 720 bit sucks ass (I hope it's not true) this could mean PS4 won't have any anti used measures

fingers crossed

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Guys..some kind-of good news. One of the more respected users over at gaf has said Edge is correct about both the 720 and PS4. While the 720 bit sucks ass (I hope it's not true) this could mean PS4 won't have any anti used measures

fingers crossed

What guy?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

fingers crossed

What guy?

BruceLeeRoy

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
pezus said:

amazing LOL

OMG LOL!!!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

fingers crossed

If the Xbox one about always online and 2ndhand games is true, then god help Microsoft.

pezus said:
Turkish said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

fingers crossed

If the Xbox one about always online and 2ndhand games is true, then god help Microsoft.

How will they spin that into a positive thing? I really doubt this will happen

haha that's awesome

but yea there are actually people who defend this and spin it in a positive way..no joke :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

The hype has been based mainly on speculation and that's likely to lead to some disappointment -- depending on how reasonable your own expectations are. I'm still not convinced that the PS4 will be released. I'm not saying it won't, I'm just expressing my mindset going into the event. If I were to be 'optimistic' I'd say, yes, the PS4 will be revealed but I know it IS 'optimism' and so therefore, regardless of whether it's shown or not, I won't be disappointed ... That said:

Pricing will definitely not be announced. They may allude to a lower entry point to the PS3 just to ease the minds of the gamers. This would immediately stop any possible backlash from the media prior to launch; although, conversely, it could lead to lower than reasonable price guesses from the media which would set people up for disappointment anyway ... Swings and roundabouts, but I think it's still the best strategy to avoid price at the moment.

I think the controller will get an update for sure. I'm one of those people who just didn't like the triggers entirely. A little hook in their design would easily solve any complaints (and there have been many). I'd say the grips will be slightly wider too, regardless of whether it's to accommodate a touch screen. Touch-screen could be there, but it's likely to have pretty simple use in order for them to justify using the Vita as an alternative second controller. The reason I say that is because people would expect it to do exactly what the Vita can do for a fraction of the price.

We will get announcements of 1st party games for the system (if the PS4 is revealed of course). Something from the big studios seems inevitable, such as Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Media Molecule, but target renders are going to be a thing of the past -- in my opinion -- and Sony will stress that what we saw in those reels WAS actual game engine assets. The one exception could be GT.

There will likely be a Gaikai section in which Sony lay out their plans for the future of that feature. Backward compatibility will also be mentioned in the same section but it will be left open to speculation for now. In the end I think we'll get a little of both, simply because they'll want traffic to increase for PSN not diminish and if you could play those PSN PS3 games you downloaded from the store, you would then be inclined to immediately download them again in the drought period (and we know there always is a drought period after the initial launch)

PS+ will be announced but it won't appear immediately at launch, as was the case for the Vita. The reasoning for this is quite obvious: There won't be enough games to make up a decent instant game collection and 3rd party's are NOT going to want to give their games away for free out of the gate. This is another reason I think BC is important, especially if these games can be unscaled to 1080p. It won't make much difference because the assets will still be 720p, but it's enough to warrant excitement from Sony fans.

A Vita price drop will be announced and will take effect the day after the show. Perhaps we'll also see a Vita.5 with built in memory too. This would go a long way to assuage the concerns and complaints of the media and potential buyers. Gaikai will also be mentioned in this section because the Vita is likely to be able to connect to the server and play any PS3 or PS4 games available.

Hardware specification will NOT be mentioned. They'll demonstrate what the machine is capable of with their game reel ... and perhaps a one off or two. That's all that matters at the end of the day. Regardless of whether it's slightly more powerful or slightly weaker than the 720, it's 1st party that counts and Sony have the confidence of the PS community on that score.

I don't think we will hear about vita at all tbh. This will be focused on the ps4. And yes this WILL be the ps4 reveal

Price definitely won't be revealed. That would be for E3. Games wise I think evolution studios and GG are a lock for the event....unless sony feels they should save GG's game for later which I hope not. At least some teasers would be great

Gaikai could definitely get some spot light for sure...I am curious on how they will utilize them going forward

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/asahi-ps4-out-this-year-will-cost-over-40000-yen

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m