By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 Demo Impressions

Bark said:
I played it tonight on the PS3. It is like God of War, only not nearly as fun.

Actually I agree, still looks and runs solid, I believe a great title for Devil May Cry fans. Especially God of War 2 is amazing, so no shame.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

The stupidest thing in this demo is the Boss arena. You enter huge cathedral only to find some stairs and few shaky huts lol Also things like 2D trees simply aren't acceptable for me.

It was a fun demo, and the graphics are great. For me to buy this game however, I would need to know if it had a good story. That's the breaking point for me.

goldenpp72 said:
what the hell? God of war is way worse than DMC in gameplay and requires 1/100th the skill, god of war is great in other ways but.. wow.

Maybe it is this 4th game or maybe it is just the demo. I button mashed my way through for the most part. I heard DMC 1 is a very hard games. This one seems to be as easy as GOW. You even collect red and green energy like in GOW (or maybe GOW stole from the early DMC, I don't know this is the first one I've played). Like I said, this is just a demo so maybe the real game is much more difficult.

Based on the demo, this game isn't even close to being as fun as Sigma. It was way to easy and didn't have enough combos.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

@ Bark

This one seems to be as easy as GOW

IMO this demo is a lot easier than God of War.

And I have been playing God of War in 'god mode' for a while, still haven't gotten that far.

In God of War 2 at one point during my first run through, the game asked me if I wanted to switch to 'easy mode'... LOL

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

What's harder - Ninja Gaiden or DMC?
I completed NG Black on the original Xbox, and it was crazy hard. Was DMC3 as hard as Black or not?

Mistershine said:
What's harder - Ninja Gaiden or DMC?
I completed NG Black on the original Xbox, and it was crazy hard. Was DMC3 as hard as Black or not?

Greater fiend Alma. I think that says everything.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Yes the demo is godly and the devil arm is amazing.

I'm amazed at how a game that looks this good is considered to look unimpressive... you can't expect every freakin game to look better than everthing else. Just cause there are a handful of better looking games doesn't mean this looks 'meh'... graphics standards are going crazy.

I dare anyone to find a game that looks this good and runs this smoothly.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

@Mike: So you're comparing god mode in one game to the normal mode in another, not exactly fair.

There's no way this demo was easier than god of war or even equally easy, Berial was harder than about 90% of the bosses in both god of wars.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!