By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Big 3's owned Ip's Sony 221, MSFT 90, Nintendo, 96

NobleTeam360 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Nem said:
NobleTeam360 said:
And Nintendo is still last in this regard as well.

I'm not sure you should be celebrating as most Microsoft IP's are Xbox live arcade stuff.

I wasn't celebrating I was just stating a fact. 

The real fact here is that many NINTENDO Ips have been overlooked while Sony's list still have Crash games, but Crash Bandicoot is not owned anymore by Sony and why can't Mario Kart and Mario Party be distinct franchises? You're stating such a bold fact given the list itself isn't really accurate.

Well since the list has been updated MS and Nintendo are tied but Sony still blows them both out of the water. Heck Sony almost triple's MS and Nintendo's owned IP's. 

Yet almost none of them can drive as much sales as Nintendo or Microsoft IP's. Quantity doesn't matter. Most of them are left unexploited...

Around the Network
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Nem said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I'm not sure you should be celebrating as most Microsoft IP's are Xbox live arcade stuff.

The real fact here is that many NINTENDO Ips have been overlooked while Sony's list still have Crash games, but Crash Bandicoot is not owned anymore by Sony and why can't Mario Kart and Mario Party be distinct franchises? You're stating such a bold fact given the list itself isn't really accurate.

Well since the list has been updated MS and Nintendo are tied but Sony still blows them both out of the water. Heck Sony almost triple's MS and Nintendo's owned IP's. 

Yet almost none of them can drive as much sales as Nintendo or Microsoft IP's. Quantity doesn't matter. Most of them are left unexploited...

Neither does quality sometimes. Many quality titles are overlooked simply because they don't appeal to the mass audience.

riderz13371 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Nem said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Neither does quality sometimes. Many quality titles are overlooked simply because they don't appeal to the mass audience.

Then Sony should think about trying better commercial strategies.

guiduc said:
riderz13371 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
guiduc said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Nem said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Then Sony should think about trying better commercial strategies.

What's wrong with their commercials, quality or quantity? Don't say both.

I didn't want to go back and check every title, but is the list updated yet?

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

No i havent had much time today.  I was doing college homework for about 6-10 hours.  Ill go ahead and update it real quick though before i forget about it

MDMAlliance said:

Now it is updated

OK, round two of the Sony list correction process...

Continuing from G-Police, through to Retro Force.

Not Sony:
Heavy Rain, like Beyond: Two Souls, is probably owned by Quantic Dreams
Innocent Until Caught is almost certainly owned by the developer, Divide By Zero, rather than the rights residing with Psygnosis (bought by Sony).
Journey is probably owned by Thatgamecompany, as with Flow and Flower.
The Killing Game Show was published by both Psygnosis and EA, ownership likely remained with developer Raising Hell Software, more recently known as Bizarre Creations, who were bought by Activision and are now defunct.
Leander was developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Psygnosis... it was then ported to Mega Drive and published under a different name by Electronic Arts. This implies that the name may be owned by Psygnosis, but the IP isn't.
Linger in Shadows, like .detuned, is more of an app than a game, and is almost certainly owned by the developers, Plastic.
Mister Mosquito was published by Sony only in Japan. In the west, it was published by Eidos, and it is likely that ownership remains with ZOOM Inc, the developer.
Obitus was published by Psygnosis and also by Bullet-Proof Software. Ownership likely remains with developer Scenario Developments.
PaRappa The Rapper is probably owned by NanaOn-Sha (before someone points to PS All-Stars Battle Royale, I'll point out that the game has characters from Tekken and BioShock, too)
PixelJunk is developed and sometimes published by Q-Games in Japan, otherwise by Sony. Facebook game by Q-Games exists (not listed as Sony-published), so probably owned by Q-Games.
PoPoLoCrois is a manga series, and thus is a licensed franchise. Not owned by Sony.
Q*Bert is currently owned by Columbia Pictures, not Sony.
Rascal was developed by Traveller's Tales, and only published by Psygnosis in the west - it was published by Takara in Japan.

Debatable:
Grind Session (published by Sony, developed by Shaba Games (bought by Activision, now defunct))
Heavenly Sword (published by Sony, developed by Ninja Theory... as an exclusive funded by Sony. Probably owned by Sony, but not clear)
Hired Guns (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by DMA Design (now known as Rockstar North))
Jeanne d'Arc (published by Sony, developed by Level 5... probably owned by Level 5)
Lair (published by Sony, developed by Factor 5 (now defunct) - unclear who had ownership, can't find indication of who bought Factor 5 IPs either)
Menace (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by DMA Design (now known as Rockstar North))
My Street (published by Sony, developed by Idol Minds, which may be a second-party to Sony, it's not clear)
Nevermind (published by Psygnosis subsidiary, Psyclapse, developed by MC Lothlorien)
Obliterator (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developer names listed separately)
Okage (published by Sony, developed by Zener Works)
Ork (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by WJS Design, likely owned by Sony based on details)
Papa & Yo (published by Sony through their "Pub Fund scheme" on PSN, developed by new developer Minority - unclear on whether Pub Fund scheme results in Sony owning the IP)
Philosoma (published by Sony, developed by G Artist)
Pirates of the Burning Sea (MMO, published by Sony, developed by Flying Lab Software - looks like Sony came into publishing it fairly late in development, probably owned by FLS)
Puggsy (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by Traveller's Tales)
Rapid Reload (published by Sony, developed by Media Vision)
Reality Fighters (published by Sony, developed by Novarama)

PSN/PS Store titles that are probably owned by their developer:
Hustle Kings (developed by VooFoo Studios)

Other:
Lemmings is incredibly unclear - the original game has had nine different developers (including all the ports), seven publishers, had a GBC version released in 2000 (Psygnosis, the original publisher, was bought by Sony in 1993), had a new game (3D Lemmings) developed by a different studio and published by Psygnosis and Sony and almost simultaneously a new game (Lemmings Revolution) developed by Take Two and published by both Psygnosis and a publisher bought around the same time by Take Two. Fairly sure it's owned by Sony, though.

Urgh is Fatal Frame really Nintendo's IP now?

Wasn't Fatal Frame 1,2 and 3 exclusive for PS2?

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

Aielyn said:

OK, round two of the Sony list correction process...

Continuing from G-Police, through to Retro Force.

Not Sony:
Heavy Rain, like Beyond: Two Souls, is probably owned by Quantic Dreams
Innocent Until Caught is almost certainly owned by the developer, Divide By Zero, rather than the rights residing with Psygnosis (bought by Sony).
Journey is probably owned by Thatgamecompany, as with Flow and Flower.
The Killing Game Show was published by both Psygnosis and EA, ownership likely remained with developer Raising Hell Software, more recently known as Bizarre Creations, who were bought by Activision and are now defunct.
Leander was developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Psygnosis... it was then ported to Mega Drive and published under a different name by Electronic Arts. This implies that the name may be owned by Psygnosis, but the IP isn't.
Linger in Shadows, like .detuned, is more of an app than a game, and is almost certainly owned by the developers, Plastic.
Mister Mosquito was published by Sony only in Japan. In the west, it was published by Eidos, and it is likely that ownership remains with ZOOM Inc, the developer.
Obitus was published by Psygnosis and also by Bullet-Proof Software. Ownership likely remains with developer Scenario Developments.
PaRappa The Rapper is probably owned by NanaOn-Sha (before someone points to PS All-Stars Battle Royale, I'll point out that the game has characters from Tekken and BioShock, too)
PixelJunk is developed and sometimes published by Q-Games in Japan, otherwise by Sony. Facebook game by Q-Games exists (not listed as Sony-published), so probably owned by Q-Games.
PoPoLoCrois is a manga series, and thus is a licensed franchise. Not owned by Sony.
Q*Bert is currently owned by Columbia Pictures, not Sony.
Rascal was developed by Traveller's Tales, and only published by Psygnosis in the west - it was published by Takara in Japan.

Debatable:
Grind Session (published by Sony, developed by Shaba Games (bought by Activision, now defunct))
Heavenly Sword (published by Sony, developed by Ninja Theory... as an exclusive funded by Sony. Probably owned by Sony, but not clear)
Hired Guns (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by DMA Design (now known as Rockstar North))
Jeanne d'Arc (published by Sony, developed by Level 5... probably owned by Level 5)
Lair (published by Sony, developed by Factor 5 (now defunct) - unclear who had ownership, can't find indication of who bought Factor 5 IPs either)
Menace (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by DMA Design (now known as Rockstar North))
My Street (published by Sony, developed by Idol Minds, which may be a second-party to Sony, it's not clear)
Nevermind (published by Psygnosis subsidiary, Psyclapse, developed by MC Lothlorien)
Obliterator (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developer names listed separately)
Okage (published by Sony, developed by Zener Works)
Ork (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by WJS Design, likely owned by Sony based on details)
Papa & Yo (published by Sony through their "Pub Fund scheme" on PSN, developed by new developer Minority - unclear on whether Pub Fund scheme results in Sony owning the IP)
Philosoma (published by Sony, developed by G Artist)
Pirates of the Burning Sea (MMO, published by Sony, developed by Flying Lab Software - looks like Sony came into publishing it fairly late in development, probably owned by FLS)
Puggsy (published by Psygnosis prior to being bought by Sony, developed by Traveller's Tales)
Rapid Reload (published by Sony, developed by Media Vision)
Reality Fighters (published by Sony, developed by Novarama)

PSN/PS Store titles that are probably owned by their developer:
Hustle Kings (developed by VooFoo Studios)

Other:
Lemmings is incredibly unclear - the original game has had nine different developers (including all the ports), seven publishers, had a GBC version released in 2000 (Psygnosis, the original publisher, was bought by Sony in 1993), had a new game (3D Lemmings) developed by a different studio and published by Psygnosis and Sony and almost simultaneously a new game (Lemmings Revolution) developed by Take Two and published by both Psygnosis and a publisher bought around the same time by Take Two. Fairly sure it's owned by Sony, though.

Updated again lol  I dont know how you are getting all this information but great job XD