By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has less First Party Studios than Microsoft. 21 vs 15

That's neat, I guess. But as a gamer I still see the only good MS exclusives as Forza, Halo, Gears, Fable and maybe a couple others vs. GT, Killzone, LBP, Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank, etc.

Sony still has the more impressive list, I think most rational gamers would agree.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:

Err you make the excuses andd you just repeated my words. Sine Mora is not a 3rd party partnership, the game exists on other platforms now. If I give you every 3rd party game that came out only on Sony platforms I would have more than 1000 titles. Didn't you get the memo? Your list is missing another game: MGS4

Flawed logic and incomplete list. I'll also reveal you another thing: when Sony publishes a game they get to own the IP.

I'm growing tired of you.  Your statements are making less and less sense.  MGS4 is not with Sony.  Exclusive has nothing to do with anything but i will put it on the list jsut to shut you up.  I mean seriosly kid, what is wrong with you?  

Sigh, I never brought up exclusives yet you constantly bring it up. You finally realized MGS4 is not with Sony, yet it is definetly a partnership and not published by Sony. If this list was about 3rd party games published by platform holders, I would've said nothing, get your facts straight instead of calling me a kid. It is derogatory towards the person you're talking to, so don't resort to insulting, its very immature.

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:

Err you make the excuses andd you just repeated my words. Sine Mora is not a 3rd party partnership, the game exists on other platforms now. If I give you every 3rd party game that came out only on Sony platforms I would have more than 1000 titles. Didn't you get the memo? Your list is missing another game: MGS4

Flawed logic and incomplete list. I'll also reveal you another thing: when Sony publishes a game they get to own the IP.

I'm growing tired of you.  Your statements are making less and less sense.  MGS4 is not with Sony.  Exclusive has nothing to do with anything but i will put it on the list jsut to shut you up.  I mean seriosly kid, what is wrong with you?  

Sigh, I never brought up exclusives yet you constantly bring it up. You finally realized MGS4 is not with Sony, yet it is definetly a partnership and not published by Sony. If this list was about 3rd party games published by platform holders, I would've said nothing, get your facts straight instead of calling me a kid. It is derogatory towards the person you're talking to, so don't resort to insulting, its very immature.

I call everybody kid.  Not saying you are a child, just how I refer to people (in real life as well.  That kid whether he is 30 years old or 4.  more of a habit, not an insult)

But in all honesty i do find you being very childish.  You are defending what?  What are you argueing about anymore?  I already showed you that Sine Mora was published by Microsoft.  Somebody else showed you that the developers put it on PS3 themselves and you continue you to argue and then bring up MGS4 which is the same thing we have been talking about.  It isn't a partnership.  But if you do read the OP i clearly stated that Japanese developers dont like Microsoft so in a way that is kind of like a partner all in one.  Not technically but it is very good for sony that Japan doesnt like microsoft. Hideo Kojima has been putting games on X360 recently but he does release games exclusivly for Sony often.  Konami published MGS4 though, not Sony which is why it was rumored for a long time to come to X360.  

J_Allard said:
Turkish said:
J_Allard said:
If the platform holder is not publishing the title, then how is there a partnership just because the game only releases on that platform? That's just silly.

So in order for it to be a partnership, the platformer holder needs to publish the game at all costs? MGS4 is not on 360 because Konami doesn't want extra sales? Thats just silly.

You seem like a guy who should be smart enough to understand what partnership means.

As for MGS4, is there a partnership? Who knows. Do you know? No. Do I know? No. Is there precedence for a Japanese company not releasing a game on 360 because the cost may not be worth the potential revenue? Yes.

360 has more than a couple RTS games not on PS3 but not published by MS. Do these developers/publishers have a "partnership" with MS? No.

You were dead wrong about Sine Mora. Just get over it and quit finding inane stuff to complain about.

The trouble is using the word Partnership it tends to be seen as  something more than obtaining a timed exclusive , to most people it would be looked at as a form of business relationship that ties the two or more parties closely together and had some form of cooperate effort , when  i see that word used in the list on either side I would immediately think of there being some type of ongoing relationship ,that sees them as being tied to one camp or the other and if they no longer are it would be a former partnership and irrelevant .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:

I call everybody kid.  No saying you are a child, just how I refer to people (in real life as well.  That kid whether he is 30 years old or 4.  more of a habit, not an insult)

But in all honesty i do find you being very childish.  You are defending what?  What are you argueing about anymore?  I already showed you that Sine Mora was published by Microsoft.  Somebody else showed you that the developers put it on PS3 themselves and you continue you to argue and then bring up MGS4 which is the same thing we have been talking about.  It isn't a partnership.  But if you do read the OP i clearly stated that Japanese developers dont like Microsoft so in a way that is kind of like a partner all in one.  Not technically but it is very good for sony that Japan doesnt like microsoft. Hideo Kojima has been putting games on X360 recently but he does release games exclusivly for Sony often.  Konami published MGS4 though, not Sony which is why it was rumored for a long time to come to X360.  

I am talking about your incomplete and strange list. Don't bring up conspiracies here, MGS4 is not on xbox not because the Japanese are xenophobic towards Microsoft, but because Konami partnered with Sony. Sony can do partnerships with 3rd parties, yet it doesn't have to publish their games. In this business everything happens with money, not with pride nor some prejudice. Sony doesn't want MGS4 on other platforms, but Konami doesn't want to give the MGS IP to Sony either, what happens next? They make deals behind closed doors. As I've already noted, when Sony publishes a game they keep the IP, which makes them automatically exclusive, thats why your list gives a distorted view, they have had much more partnerships than your list.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed the denial in this thread. The "arguments" of turkish were just the icing on the cake.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

I really enjoyed the denial in this thread. The "arguments" of turkish were just the icing on the cake.

Ofcourse you enjoyed them, if I had nothing better to do with my time I would also enjoy reading walls of text without adding to the discussion.

DirtyP2002 said:

yeah i give up with him.  I's utterly ridiculous at this point

Turkish said:
J_Allard said:
Turkish said:
J_Allard said:
If the platform holder is not publishing the title, then how is there a partnership just because the game only releases on that platform? That's just silly.

So in order for it to be a partnership, the platformer holder needs to publish the game at all costs? MGS4 is not on 360 because Konami doesn't want extra sales? Thats just silly.

You seem like a guy who should be smart enough to understand what partnership means.

As for MGS4, is there a partnership? Who knows. Do you know? No. Do I know? No. Is there precedence for a Japanese company not releasing a game on 360 because the cost may not be worth the potential revenue? Yes.

360 has more than a couple RTS games not on PS3 but not published by MS. Do these developers/publishers have a "partnership" with MS? No.

You were dead wrong about Sine Mora. Just get over it and quit finding inane stuff to complain about.

No, FF13 ring a bell to you?

Sony can go in partnerships with 3rd parties without publishing their games. Thats all there is to, its not very complicated.

No one is saying Sony can't do that. Where you are wrong is in the idea that Konami and Sony by default have some sort of partnership with MGS4 just because it's not on 360. Do you have any evidence of this partnership? Not speculation or opinion, but actual evidence No? Then why make such a whiny deal about it?

J_Allard said:
Turkish said:
J_Allard said:
Turkish said:
J_Allard said:

No, FF13 ring a bell to you?

Sony can go in partnerships with 3rd parties without publishing their games. Thats all there is to, its not very complicated.

No one is saying Sony can't do that. Where you are wrong is in the idea that Konami and Sony by default have some sort of partnership with MGS4 just because it's not on 360. Do you have any evidence of this partnership? Not speculation or opinion, but actual evidence No? Then why make such a whiny deal about it?

What precedence is there for a Japanese company not to release a game on 360? Why are you assuming the cost may not be worth it? Its MGS, it would make money no matter what, if Konami is missing revenue from extra sales by not making it multiplatform, you can bet your house on it that there is some sort of partnership with Sony. Its obvious, why are you complaining that there wouldn't be one? There is one, even if they don't admit it, they don't have to, not for you.