By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

that title sounds weird... and we already have a zelda based on a dream and nightmares :)

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

It sounds a little awkward and way too sinister. Although I like the idea of a villain named "Nightmare."

Hey, maybe it's a Namco-Nintendo project with Nightmare from SoulCalibur  

The final boss in Link's Awakening was refered to as the 'Nightmare' (because it kept the Wind Fish from waking up) in the game. I sure as hell wouldn't mind a game akin to that one!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
I don't know what to think of that leak... Castlevania SotN2 is quite possible I guess... But why on the 3DS and not on PS4/X1? It would be a huge win for the 3DS though

What does everyone think of the name "Shard of Nightmare"? I'm not all that fond of it, and if that pic posted here is true it looks to be a ripoff of TP, which would be a pity...

It sounds a little awkward and way too sinister. Although I like the idea of a villain named "Nightmare."

Hey, maybe it's a Namco-Nintendo project with Nightmare from SoulCalibur  

Lol that would suck :D

I want Ganon in my Zelda games, damnit! Maybe.... Nightmare Ganon *dun-dun-DUN*

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

So, I've been inspecting the picture from the 2nd post... And I've determined it's a fake. Notice how the S in Shard is actually overlapping the Z in Zelda - that's never happened before. Confirmed fake imo

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Zelda U is more likely to have shat or turd in the title than shard. That's a fake leak.

I'm inclined to agree. The title just sounds...wrong. Although, like Pavolink wrote, there have been some weird Zelda titles. 

Spirit Tracks, Link's Awakening, Skyward Sword.

None of those involve a "geeky" nerd term as the object of the game.  Shard is a total nerd term.  The object of Zeldas are mainstream terms:  Mask, Hourglass, Princess, etc all are as well.  The weirdest title is actually Ocarina, but it's still not something you'd rip from the fantasy section at chapters.  The other fake leak we had this week about Zelda "Falling Sun" or whatever it was is way more plausible, since most people would know what a falling sun was.

The Shard thing is extra obvious because fake leaks are written by internet geeks and internet geeks love campy high fantasy and that's the only place you'd find a term like shard.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Zelda U is more likely to have shat or turd in the title than shard. That's a fake leak.

I'm inclined to agree. The title just sounds...wrong. Although, like Pavolink wrote, there have been some weird Zelda titles. 

Spirit Tracks, Link's Awakening, Skyward Sword.

None of those involve a "geeky" nerd term as the object of the game.  Shard is a total nerd term.  The object of Zeldas are mainstream terms:  Mask, Hourglass, Princess, etc all are as well.  The weirdest title is actually Ocarina, but it's still not something you'd rip from the fantasy section at chapters.  The other fake leak we had this week about Zelda "Falling Sun" or whatever it was is way more plausible, since most people would know what a falling sun was.

The Shard thing is extra obvious because fake leaks are written by internet geeks and internet geeks love campy high fantasy and that's the only place you'd find a term like shard.

But you have to agree that the 'shards' are Ideal if you wand to break tri-force to say... 23 pieces... You know, to do something during 150 hours of gameplay.

DanneSandin said:
So, I've been inspecting the picture from the 2nd post... And I've determined it's a fake. Notice how the S in Shard is actually overlapping the Z in Zelda - that's never happened before. Confirmed fake imo

That..doesn't confirm it's fake at all.

But I'm still more willing to bet it's fake. But an overlapping S or same colored subtitle doesn't deconfirm anything. Nintendo can do what it wants with the presentation of the Zelda title.

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Help me out here. "Shard" is a weird word now? A shard of glass or the like sounds completely normal to me. What sounds wrong is the lack of plural, it should be "Shards of Nightmare".

Shard per se isn't weird, but the phrase "shard of nightmare" strikes me as odd, grammatically and thematically. 

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Help me out here. "Shard" is a weird word now? A shard of glass or the like sounds completely normal to me. What sounds wrong is the lack of plural, it should be "Shards of Nightmare".

Nothing. Shard has been a central part in Twilight Princess and Nightmare as the main boss in Link's Awakening. Shard of Nightmare could be something releated to the Mirror of Twilight or something similar. That's why Shard of Nightmare is something I could see as a Zelda name. I agree that at first it could sound off, but it still a Zelda title.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

TheLastStarFighter said:

Mirrors's shard from Twilight Princess and Nightmare from Link's Awakening doesn't have anything geek.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile