By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Look what arrived this week:

:)

Nice.

Mine's shipped as well I see. Got it from Amazon US though, because it's like half the price compared to here in Europe for some reason. Downside is it won't be here until around New Years :-/...

Around the Network

You guys know what's probably the best part of A Link Between Worlds I've seen so far?

Those musicians in the Milk Bar. Very cool, nice detail. They randomly play a cover of a song from the series or from this game. And it sounds pretty good too! So far, I've heard Lon Lon Ranch (Epona's Song) theme, the Fairy Fountain theme, the main Zelda theme and the Dark World theme, the Hyrule Castle and the dungeon theme as they originally sounded in ALttP. I've also heard something I couldn't make out, I think it was a boss battle theme or something.

Right now for Cyber Monday, if you buy Angry Birds Star Wars on the 3DS for $29.99 on Toysrus.com, you can get A Link Between Worlds for free. After shipping and tax, it was around $35 for both of the games. I don't care for Angry Birds, but it will make a good Christmas present.

Guys I looking to by some retro zelda games as it's my favorite series. What you recommend for me?

I played LoZ , LoZ 2, and Link to the past when it comes to retro games. If you can please tell which game to get first.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
Guys I looking to by some retro zelda games as it's my favorite series. What you recommend for me?

I played LoZ , LoZ 2, and Link to the past when it comes to retro games. If you can please tell which game to get first.

Get Link to the Past.  Best game out there in the series, and super easy to get into.  The first and second on NES are good, but not very user friendly compared to the SNES version and the more recent iterations. 

Also, it's a good lead in to A Link Between Worlds, which just came out on 3DS, and is my personal game of the year so far

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
ninetailschris said:

Get Link to the Past.  Best game out there in the series, and super easy to get into.  The first and second on NES are good, but not very user friendly compared to the SNES version and the more recent iterations. 

Also, it's a good lead in to A Link Between Worlds, which just came out on 3DS, and is my personal game of the year so far

Agreed. LOZ and Zelda II are excellent but not quite as accessible as LTTP. Do you have a 3DS, ninetails? If so, you can download the 4th Zelda game, Link's Awakening. 

Happy hunting!

A Link Between Worlds named "game of the month" by GameInformer! 

"New Zelda games are typically met with a certain expectation of quality, but Link's new 3DS outing ranks among the best in the series. Series trademarks like clever dungeons and exciting boss battles are better than ever, and many new elements combine to make A Link Between Worlds an unforgettable mixture an unforgettable mixture of innovation and nostalgia." — GameInformer

ALBW is only the 2nd game to get a perfect 10/10 from GameInformer this year, the other being BioShock Infinite.

ninetailschris said:

A Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Link's Awakening are part of a trilogy in that order (but you don't need to play them all as their stories aren't connected, similar to OoT and MM). The Oracle games are doable but obviously below those other two in quality, but Link's Awakening however is the best retro-Zelda one can get, and one of the best ones period. It's on GB and GBC and the GBC version is on 3DS's Virtual Console.

So, I'd say, Link's Awakening. Sooner rather than later .

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Look what arrived this week:

:)

Nice.

Mine's shipped as well I see. Got it from Amazon US though, because it's like half the price compared to here in Europe for some reason. Downside is it won't be here until around New Years :-/...

Scratch that last part .

Because of Amazon's overall awesomeness, I got it three weeks earlier than they predicted. Happy day! Looks very nice, even that chest is good quality. I have #43550 out of 50000.

Also, funny thing; I know it's popular to rip on Twilight Princess for supposedly being "empty" and having "little content in the overworld" or "not much to do". Especially compared to Wind Waker and such. I already knew that was total bull, but now the proof is there right in this box of guides. Twilight Princess's guide is by far the thickest one !

S.Peelman said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice.

Scratch that last part .

Because of Amazon's overall awesomeness, I got it three weeks earlier than they predicted. Happy day! Looks very nice, even that chest is good quality. I have #43550 out of 50000.

Also, funny thing; I know it's popular to rip on Twilight Princess for supposedly being "empty" and having "little content in the overworld" or "not much to do". Especially compared to Wind Waker and such. I already knew that was total bull, but now the proof is there right in this box of guides. Twilight Princess's guide is by far the thickest one !

Right on! I love Twilight Princess, and there's tons to do. I spent around 60 hours on that game :)