By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Regarding A Link Between Worlds, Is Yuga not the main villian? There's already a vid in youtube with the first encounter. After he transforms a lady in a painting he talks about "Her Grace". Hilda or new villian?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

A Link Between Worlds game case and cartridge:

Whaaat?! You already got yours veknoid?! I got the 3ds bundle from my family for my birthday :)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

BasilZero said:
So I ordered the 3DS XL bundle!

Cant wait to get it.

Though not so happy about the digital copy of the game since I was planning to get the physical copy but oh well - might still get the physical copy in the future maybe.

Yeah seems like a lot of us are in the same boat; we want a physical copy of the game, but we also really really want that bundle ^^

BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:
BasilZero said:
So I ordered the 3DS XL bundle!

Cant wait to get it.

Though not so happy about the digital copy of the game since I was planning to get the physical copy but oh well - might still get the physical copy in the future maybe.

Yeah seems like a lot of us are in the same boat; we want a physical copy of the game, but we also really really want that bundle ^^

Regardless - cant wait to play it!

Although I will play SM3DL and Pokemon X before it.

I think I'll replay Link to the Past before playing it too though ;o.

Havent decided though!

Edit: Just checked, seems like it wont be like Majora's Mask but will take in a different time line altogether just in the same place.

I might end up playing it alongside Pokemon X or when I start on Super Mario 3D Land (after I finish Pokemon X).

Yeah, I can't wait either!!

And I might play SM3DL before as well, but that's mainly because I haven't played A Link to the Past - which I really wanna do before I try ALBW...

Isn't this game set in the ALTTP time line, just 100 years later or so?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, I can't wait either!!

And I might play SM3DL before as well, but that's mainly because I haven't played A Link to the Past - which I really wanna do before I try ALBW...

Isn't this game set in the ALTTP time line, just 100 years later or so?

LttP is awesome - I highly recommend it. The only other 2D zelda that comes close to comparison at least imo would be Link's Awakening but thats just me (I didnt play Minish cap though :P).

According to the Wiki

A Link Between Worlds is the first title since the Oracle series to be set in the "Sealing War" timeline since the split that occurred following the release of Ocarina of Time. The game chronologically takes place between Link's Awakening and The Legend of Zelda, six generations after the events of A Link to the Past.[15][16][17] According to the Nintendo Direct presentation on August 7, 2013, the incarnation of the player character Link in this game is not the same as in A Link to the Past.[18]

The game will be set in the world of A Link to the Past, and as such will feature locations such as the Dark World[19] and a version of Hyrule essentially the same as in A Link to the Past.[20] Nintendo hinted that an alternate version of the Triforce may exist in the Dark World.[21] The game will also feature an alternate version of Hyrule, called Lorule that is ruled by Zelda's analogue Hilda.[22]

Yeah, I'm eager to play it! I have a SNES, but no ALTTP =( never played it, but I really want to! But I did really enjoy the original LoZ! One of my favorite games of all time =)

Regarding the quote: yeah, that's what I thought =)

BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, I'm eager to play it! I have a SNES, but no ALTTP =( never played it, but I really want to! But I did really enjoy the original LoZ! One of my favorite games of all time =)

Regarding the quote: yeah, that's what I thought =)

Well you have the SNES and the GBA versions which I'm not sure if you can find any....

Is the game available via eshop or nintendo's virtual console? You could try there.

Worst case scenario would be to emulate it :P.

ALTTP is available on Wii U eShop, but I'd like to play it on the 3DS! But I hate playing emulators ^^

BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:

ALTTP is available on Wii U eShop, but I'd like to play it on the 3DS! But I hate playing emulators ^^

Odd, that it is on the WiiU eshop but not on the 3DS o.O. Seems a bit more fitting to be a portable game than a console game especially cause of the GBA ver.

Definetely! They should release ALTTP on the 3DS the same day they release ALBW!

Spam replaced by Serena

DanneSandin said:
Whaaat?! You already got yours veknoid?! I got the 3ds bundle from my family for my birthday :)

Oh no! Those aren't my photos. Got them from Zelda Informer :p

Glad to hear you and BZ are getting the 3DS XL too :)

But, DS, you MUST play A Link to the Past! Do you have a Wii and a Club Nintendo account? It's available for only 150 points, although that may only apply to North American members...