By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

About FSA, I was lucky to find it at 150kr (15€ at the time) a few years ago used in Gamestop. I hadn't known much about it at the time but bought it because of my curiosity. And thus, one of my favorite Zelda's was born.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

By the way, was the box-art for A Link Between Worlds already posted here? Hadn't seen it:

The US art at least, I think it looks cool. Bit of a non-traditional logo and font for the title, but okay. And Gold is the color to have with Zelda games . It does remind me of A Link to the Past. It has similarities with the Japanese box-art and an artwork from that game.

Ooo, I like that a lot. A nice mix old and new, which I suppose represents the game pretty well.

Wanted to post a couple updates:

1) The Legend of Zelda (NES) is now available on Virtual Console on Wii U.

2) Game designer and Destroyer of Worlds Peter Molyneux said recently that Twilight Princess was in his top 5 games of all time!

“I just feel it’s jaw-dropping and its use of the hardware was brilliant. And I’ve played that game through several times.” — Peter Molyneux

Some more from Aonuma vis-a-vis A Link Between Worlds:

"Collecting rupees, the currency of the Zelda world, will be very important in this game. You might think that was the case with all the past games too, but I must say that this time it will be more important than ever and you will need to collect a great deal of them. Shops in the past Zelda games sold things that would run out once you use them like arrows and bombs, items that needed replenishing. They have never sold an item that doesn't go away after each use like the boomerang or the hookshot."

Sounds like players may have to visit shops to purchase items usually found in dungeons...

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Some more from Aonuma vis-a-vis A Link Between Worlds:

"Collecting rupees, the currency of the Zelda world, will be very important in this game. You might think that was the case with all the past games too, but I must say that this time it will be more important than ever and you will need to collect a great deal of them. Shops in the past Zelda games sold things that would run out once you use them like arrows and bombs, items that needed replenishing. They have never sold an item that doesn't go away after each use like the boomerang or the hookshot."

Sounds like players may have to visit shops to purchase items usually found in dungeons...

Aonuma's answer to rupees being useful. He always gets flack for it because he always says that rupees will be important before every release and then it turns out to not be true.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I feel your pain :(

I really want that Wii U. But I can't justify another $350.

Certainly not.

Luckily I didn't see it announced for Europe anywhere (well, it's 'officially' not announced anywhere I think), so I'll have an excuse for not having it .

Here's something that might make up for missing out on the Wii U Zelda bundle:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

Will this include a physical copy of the game or a download code?

I wanted that Ganondorf figurine, too bad I won't buy it :(

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Joaco <3 N64 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I feel your pain :(

I really want that Wii U. But I can't justify another $350.

Certainly not.

Luckily I didn't see it announced for Europe anywhere (well, it's 'officially' not announced anywhere I think), so I'll have an excuse for not having it .

Here's something that might make up for missing out on the Wii U Zelda bundle:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

Will this include a physical copy of the game or a download code?

As far as I know, it comes with a physical copy of the game and the figurine, which is about 5'' tall.

Here's some info on the different versions:

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Here's some info on the different versions:

*video*

Ha!

My waiting paid off . Today a second retailer here began offering the Ganondorf special edition, for 10 euro less than the other retailer I mentioned. Lucky me, I saved some money. Pre-ordered !