By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:

Everything, being too much like WW, being a direct sequel of WW in the same ocean, idk.

I don't want to start a hate thread or something, but considering the 3D Mario game presentation dissapointed me, I fear Zelda follows that path.

I think Zelda Wii U will be a far cry from Wind Waker, thematically and geographically. Nintendo has already exhausted that part of the Zelda mythology with Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks anyway.

I expect something closer to the The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess in tone and design.

I'd actually want a game that goes after Zelda II or Twilight Princess in the timeline.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
existenz2 said:

This is a great series. I wish to would go multi platform though, but not likely as developed by Nintendo I believe.

Yes, Zelda is essentially the same as Mario; 100% Nintendo. So I'm afraid multiplat will never happen .

kljesta64 said:

bold : i was expecting a  big SEA in the next zelda or atleast a river or something. I always had the feeling in TP something was missing and they even showed a demo or was it a trailer.. as far as I can remember.. link sitting in a boat in the first village.

Was used for the Fishing Hole and Zora River in Twilight Princess instead of Ordon Village, so it's already there, but I agree it looked more elaborate in the early demoes.

What you said about a large body of water dividing two continents could be cool. At first you don't know there's something out there, then you get a boat (or get on a boat) and explore until you find this new land across the ocean and you're like "Holy sh*t!"... Naturally, Ganon's there. Those lands need to be big places in themselves though.

Check out this trailer for Ittle Dew!

Looks to be inspired by The Legend of Zelda, what do you think? It's already available for PC and Mac. A Wii U version arrives sometime in the fall/winter.

I recently finished Treasure Adventure Game on GOG.com, and it plays a lot like The Wind Waker meets Super Mario Bros. 2.

So it got me thinking: what are some of the other Zelda-like games that we love to play?

I put up a new poll. Sorry if I missed any obvious choices.

Let me know what you guys think!

I'm a Beyond Good & Evil man myself :)

Around the Network

The Batman: Arkham games, although they also share similar traits with Metroid.

VGChartz

I enjoyed Darksiders quite a bit despite its flaws. Looking forward to the sequel!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
I enjoyed Darksiders quite a bit despite its flaws. Looking forward to the sequel!

I still need to play the original. I have it sitting on my PS3 hard drive, so there's no excuse. Maybe I'll play it next :)

On which platform will you play Darksiders II?

S.Peelman said:
Well guys, I've finally mustered the willpower to put that old gold Zelda II: The Adventure of Link cartridge into the NES and give it another go.

It's the only Zelda game I've yet to beat. That I own anyway, the only other one FSA, but don't have it. I consider it one of, if not the hardest game I've ever played and never even gotten past the very first dungeon. But I've found the secret! You can actually kill those flying skulls, Bubbles, for 50XP points. They take a million hits, but they're easier to kill then Iron Knuckles for example and they respawn. I'm gonna grind for some level-ups first and after that I'm finally gonna kick that game's a**!!

Like I said, I'm finally getting around to beating my original gold cartridge copy of Adventure of Link on my NES. Game's older then I am, but oh well better late then never. So here's a short update for those interested .

Unbelievably so, I've gotten halfway through the fourth dungeon now; the Maze Island Palace. I'm doing this without guides naturally, but a map like what was included with the first Zelda would help a great deal. The world's so large, you could be searching for things for a long time. I have to say though, either my gaming skills have improved since I last tried this game, or the game gets a little more 'doable' the stronger you get. Right now my strength is at level 5, magic at 5 and life at 6. It's still very hard, but at least I don't die every screen anymore. Death Mountain however, is overrated. I heard this part is near impossible, while in fact I breezed through it no problem. Still, I used the 'Life' spell often. I found the second dungeon to be the hardest one so far, though the fourth dungeon from what I've seen until now is going to beat that.

So I got a little more confident, but I know what still awaits and that confidence will probably disappear once I get to Dark Link...

@poll: Are there any other Zelda-like games?? Anyway, I never even played any of the poll options, though my mother once played Legacy of Kain on DC... I personally like to play Okami some time though, looks like it's neat.

S.Peelman said:
S.Peelman said:
Well guys, I've finally mustered the willpower to put that old gold Zelda II: The Adventure of Link cartridge into the NES and give it another go.

It's the only Zelda game I've yet to beat. That I own anyway, the only other one FSA, but don't have it. I consider it one of, if not the hardest game I've ever played and never even gotten past the very first dungeon. But I've found the secret! You can actually kill those flying skulls, Bubbles, for 50XP points. They take a million hits, but they're easier to kill then Iron Knuckles for example and they respawn. I'm gonna grind for some level-ups first and after that I'm finally gonna kick that game's a**!!

Like I said, I'm finally getting around to beating my original gold cartridge copy of Adventure of Link on my NES. Game's older then I am, but oh well better late then never. So here's a short update for those interested .

Unbelievably so, I've gotten halfway through the fourth dungeon now; the Maze Island Palace. I'm doing this without guides naturally, but a map like what was included with the first Zelda would help a great deal. The world's so large, you could be searching for things for a long time. I have to say though, either my gaming skills have improved since I last tried this game, or the game gets a little more 'doable' the stronger you get. Right now my strength is at level 5, magic at 5 and life at 6. It's still very hard, but at least I don't die every screen anymore. Death Mountain however, is overrated. I heard this part is near impossible, while in fact I breezed through it no problem. Still, I used the 'Life' spell often. I found the second dungeon to be the hardest one so far, though the fourth dungeon from what I've seen until now is going to beat that.

So I got a little more confident, but I know what still awaits and that confidence will probably disappear once I get to Dark Link...

@poll: Are there any other Zelda-like games?? Anyway, I never even played any of the poll options, though my mother once played Legacy of Kain on DC... I personally like to play Okami some time though, looks like it's neat.

I probably missed a bunch. Rol mentioned a few in his post.

I guess Star Fox Adventures would qualify as a Zelda-like game.

I definitely recommend Okami, especially if you like Zelda games. The sequel Okamiden is excellent also.