By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

@Povalink; Yeah, I also have somewhat high hopes! Considering the art style's Nintendo is going with for WW and LTTP2 I'd venture a guess that Zelda U will go in the OPPOSITE art direction; I think it'll be a bit more toned down, and not as colorful... More like TP I guess.

@Veknoid; That's pretty cool pictures!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

DanneSandin said:

[video]

Haha, I think they ARE reading a little too much into it :)

But, I gotta say, the more I see of this game the more I like it. The art direction turned me off a little at first, but I'm warming up to it. I think it will really pop in 3D.

Aonuma posted this on Miiverse:

“Hello everyone, Eiji Aonuma here! In the latest Nintendo Direct, we announced an entirely new Zelda game for Nintendo 3DS, which takes place in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!”

“I’m sure those of you familiar with A Link to the Past could imagine what kind of game a sequel would be – but I think you’ll be surprised at quite how different it is when you actually play it!”

“Still, that’s difficult to convey just through an announcement, so we’re releasing a 3D video in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS as well.”

“Experience Hyrule reborn in a highly realistic three-dimensional world. A new story and fresh dungeon puzzles await you in this brand-new Zelda game! Development is progressing well, so expect to hear more about it soon!”

Zelda Concert Series: Season Two

The long-running Legend of Zelda concert series has added more dates, along with various returning dates in case you missed a show in your town. The "Symphony of the Goddess" concert series is entering what it calls "season 2," which means new pieces from additional chapters of the Zelda franchise, along with the returning standards.

This round of concerts will include eight cities from the previous tour and two new cities added. THe concert will include selections from Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, and orchestral renditions of music from Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, and Spirit Tracks. The concerts will be conducted by Eimear Noone with arrangements by Chad Seiter. They will be hosted by producer Jeron Moore.

Tickets are on sale at the official site. If you're a Club Nintendo member, you can log into your account on the Club Nintendo site to get a code for a 15% discount. The list of concert dates is below:

Returning dates:

• Atlanta; Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre; June 6
  • San Francisco; Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall; June 10
  • Montreal; Place des Arts; June 14
  • Los Angeles; Greek Theatre; June 12
  • Austin, Texas; Long Center; June 29
  • Philadelphia; The Mann Center for the Performing Arts; July 25
  • Toronto; Sony Centre for the Performing Arts; Sept. 7
  • Seattle; Benaroya Hall; Sept. 12

New cities:

• Baltimore; Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall; July 27
  • Grand Rapids, Mich.; DeVos Performance Hall; Oct. 19

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/78840/zelda-concert-series-announces-new-cities-with-season-two

Nothing close to me :(

Around the Network

y u not come to me Zelda concerts?!

Is it me, or the more I see these early trailers and clips of Legend of Zelda on 3DS does it seem just rough enough to guarantee it is a mid to late 2014 release or have me question the quality of the game itself?

Probably by E3 they will have a cleaner look but I just can't imagine Nintendo dropping it during this year, especially given this year has been pretty stacked as it has been.

NoirSon said:
Is it me, or the more I see these early trailers and clips of Legend of Zelda on 3DS does it seem just rough enough to guarantee it is a mid to late 2014 release or have me question the quality of the game itself?

Probably by E3 they will have a cleaner look but I just can't imagine Nintendo dropping it during this year, especially given this year has been pretty stacked as it has been.

Thanks for posting :)

It does look a little rough around the edges, but I think this is what the final package will look like, more or less. Reggie said the game will launch this holiday, so I guess we just have to take him at his word.

I imagine a lot of the details, textures, and lighting effects will be more noticeable with the 3D slider turned up. At least I hope so.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

“Hello everyone, Eiji Aonuma here! In the latest Nintendo Direct, we announced an entirely new Zelda game for Nintendo 3DS, which takes place in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!”

“I’m sure those of you familiar with A Link to the Past could imagine what kind of game a sequel would be – but I think you’ll be surprised at quite how different it is when you actually play it!”

“Still, that’s difficult to convey just through an announcement, so we’re releasing a 3D video in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS as well.”

“Experience Hyrule reborn in a highly realistic three-dimensional world. A new story and fresh dungeon puzzles await you in this brand-new Zelda game! Development is progressing well, so expect to hear more about it soon!”

Except classic Zelda has never been about puzzles. I'm really worried this idiot (Aonuma) will ruin classic Zelda.

Valdney said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

“Experience Hyrule reborn in a highly realistic three-dimensional world. A new story and fresh dungeon puzzles await you in this brand-new Zelda game! Development is progressing well, so expect to hear more about it soon!”

Except classic Zelda has never been about puzzles. I'm really worried this idiot (Aonuma) will ruin classic Zelda.

I don't know about that. The dungeons in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina were filled with puzzles. It wasn't just about defeating enemies and navigating hazards; there were lots of brainteasers in many of the "classic" Zelda games.