By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
echoesfromthepast said:
Zelda Spin-off gold: The Legend of Groose

:D

As silly as that sounds, it might actually work. A Zelda Gaiden could be really good, if developed with the same care and attention as the flagship series.

As much as I would love a Zelda game where the princess plays the part of the hero, I just can't see how it wouldn't disrupt the mythology. That being said, Nintendo EAD could build off of Spirit Tracks and make Zelda a playable character. What if The Legend of Zelda for Wii U played something like Resident Evil 5 or Army of Two, where one could play either cooperatively with a friend or with an AI partner? It would be a huge risk, but it could be an amazing experience. Player one could control Link (and his sword) with the Wii remote, and player two could control Zelda (and her bow) with the GamePad.

Too crazy?

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Zelda is always mature
no violence no maturity? oh come on!

Agree. Even WW with the cartoon style had some dark things.

OT: 3DS Direct announced for tuesday. Guess will get at least Oracle games release date.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pretty interesting and insightful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyIGhXNlF34

He brings out some good points, and others are not as good....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

On a random note... Why isn't there any Zelda bundles? Well, except for OoT 3D....

DanneSandin said:
On a random note... Why isn't there any Zelda bundles? Well, except for OoT 3D....

I'm a proud owner of that bundle :)

But to answer your question, I don't know. A Zelda game bundled with a console or portable system would certainly push sales. Maybe it's as simple as Zelda can sell well on its own, and Nintendo has other, more popular series that would make a bundle even more attractive, e.g., Mario Kart, Super Mario.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

But to answer your question, I don't know. A Zelda game bundled with a console or portable system would certainly push sales. Maybe it's as simple as Zelda can sell well on its own, and Nintendo has other, more popular series that would make a bundle even more attractive, e.g., Mario Kart, Super Mario.

But imagine a green or golden Wii bundle with Zelda SS; wouldn't that have pushed Zelda sales like crazy??

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

But imagine a green or golden Wii bundle with Zelda SS; wouldn't that have pushed Zelda sales like crazy??

A gold Wii? To go with the gold Wii remote and Skyward Sword?

I would have picked that up in a heart beat.

But the Wii was kind of past its prime by the time Skyward Sword arrived in stores. Plus the Remote Plus add-on was something of an obstacle.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

A gold Wii? To go with the gold Wii remote and Skyward Sword?

I would have picked that up in a heart beat.

But the Wii was kind of past its prime by the time Skyward Sword arrived in stores. Plus the Remote Plus add-on was something of an obstacle.

Don't tell me a bundle like this - with a motion+ Wiimote wouldn't sell like hot cake, no matter if the Wii was past its prime... I would have pushed some good numbers :P

But thinking about it... Isn't 3DS the first Zelda bundle, like, ever? What if... What if that was just a test to see how people would react? Man I hope the do a Wii U bundle!!!

Nintendo Direct on 3DS will start in 20 minutes. Here's the link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

I'll update this thread if there's any Zelda news :)

Can't wait for the Oracle games on 3DS!