By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
AlphaCielago said:
I really hope that Zelda 3DS gets revealed soon and I hope it will take the path of the Wind Waker timeline.

Before or after Spirit Tracks?

I hope Zelda 3DS is set in the child timeline and the Zelda U in the failed timeline after Zelda II.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
AlphaCielago said:
I really hope that Zelda 3DS gets revealed soon and I hope it will take the path of the Wind Waker timeline.

Before or after Spirit Tracks?

I hope Zelda 3DS is set in the child timeline and the Zelda U in the failed timeline after Zelda II.

Before Spirit Tracks.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I would love a cross platform( wii u/3ds) Four swords game with hi res  2d graphics. :)

It really seems like we'll be seeing a lot of Zelda in the times to come... WW remake this year, possibly 3DS next year and an original Wii U title in 2015...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

AlphaCielago said:

I wouldn't mind the game being set in that timeline. Either before Wind Waker (although that game's intro pretty much rules out any possibility of there being any game between Ocarina and Wind Waker), of after Phantom Hourglass/before Spirit Tracks.

However, I wouldn't mind this to happen 'story-wise'. What I wouldn't want is to again have some kind of transportation device, or have the Wind Waker graphics-style. After (in order) Four Swords, Wind Waker itself, Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and now the Wind Waker remake, I feel that the style should be put to rest for an infinite amount of time, pretty as it may be. I think an upgraded OoT3D style would work best for the new 3DS entry.

Continuing on this, other places I'd like a game (I don't care what game ends up on what console) to take place are after Zelda II or between Ocarina and Twilight Princess. After Zelda II would basically mean a fresh start and they could do anything. It would be tricky though, the timeline pretty much ends there when any chance of Ganon's resurrection is destroyed along with (hypothetically) Demise's curse from Skyward Sword. A game after Ocarina/before Twilight would naturally be 'the third Hero of Time' game. It could deal with the Interlopers like described in Twilight Princess, the capture of Ganondorf and Link's continued search for Navi after Majora's Mask. A game of that magnitude however wouldn't fit properly on 3DS probably...

Around the Network

Miyamoto talks Wind Waker remaster. Some good stuff on Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin 3, too :)

"Ultimately, it comes down to the decisions of the directors of the next games that are being made. Interestingly, when we were originally developing the original Luigi's Mansion on GameCube, we worked with Sharp on a 3D monitor and we ported the game into a sort of 3D mode that we experimented with. So when we worked on Nintendo 3DS that was a natural fit to then take that game that we had originally wanted to do that with and bring that into 3-D."

"Similarly with Pikmin, that was a game also when we created on the GameCube, we actually wished that we had had HD visuals at that time. Primarily because you've got so many small little Pikmin running around, we wanted the level of detail to really be able to express the characteristics of those Pikmin in a detailed way. That's why we wanted to do "Pikmin 3″ on Wii U and in HD."

"Sort of similar to that with the decision on Wind Waker in particular, the animation style of the original Wind Waker, we felt that HD could really sort of breathe new life into that animation style and so that was the reason we went into that direction. Ultimately, there isn't a common reason across all the games they're basing the decision on. It really is which games are best suited to which styles or which systems or which features."

Here's a cool video about Miyamoto's early career with Nintendo:

Zelda WW is one of the best games of all time, the huge overworld full of secrets and side quest blew my mind, maybe dungeons arent as good as in other top Zeldas but everythingelse was just sweet.

I've never played it but Wind Waker being in HD seems almost pointless to me (like the Simpsons Movie on Bluray instead of DVD).

I'd sooner play the original(GC) version on Wii for $30 than pay $60 to play the exact same game on WiiU.

Gamerace said:
I've never played it but Wind Waker being in HD seems almost pointless to me (like the Simpsons Movie on Bluray instead of DVD).

I'd sooner play the original(GC) version on Wii for $30 than pay $60 to play the exact same game on WiiU.

I'm not a big fan of remakes in general, but the good news is that this seems to be a full remake, not just the original game with an HD face lift.

But you should try out the original Wind Waker if you have the chance. It's a masterpiece :)