By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Check out the four characters just announced for Hyrule Warriors!

Lana is sorceress with a deep knowledge of spells, monsters, and using spells on monsters. She’s very energetic and ready to give the war for Hyrule everything she’s got.

Lana and Cia have an unspoken hostility, even beyond the normal anger that war brings out. Lana is fiercely determined to put a halt to Cia’s plans, even at the cost of her own life or happiness.

Don’t underestimate Lana just because she’s usually so optimistic! Her natural athletic energy serves her well and allows her to quickly dive around her enemies and attack with her book of sorcery, which utilizes electrifying spells that her enemies never see coming.

While searching for the Gate of Souls, Lana takes a detour to rescue Agitha from a horde of monsters, ultimately recruiting her to the greater cause.

Agitha is the self-proclaimed princess of the insect kingdom, late of the Era of Twilight.

Agitha keeps a bright smile on at all times and looks at the world through a sweeter lens than her allies. But just because she’s so cheery doesn’t excuse her from battle! Agitha’s parasol is her standard weapon, though her real strength resides in the bugs she summons forth in times of need, such as a giant beetle or a magnificent butterfly. Never underestimate the power of an insect princess!

Last seen as the boss of the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess, Argorok is a powerful Twilit Dragon enhanced by a Mirror Shard from the Mirror of Twilight.

His entire body is covered with hard armor, giving him extremely high defense. Surprisingly, he has a far higher bit of intelligence compared to the usual dragons that fly around Hyrule, shown mainly with his tactic of attacking from a vantage point high above the battlefield where normal soldiers can’t reach him.

Zant is the usurper king of the Twilight Realm. Once Cia used the Gate of Souls to open a portal to his era, Zant was free to continue his shadowy misdeeds in Hyrule and beyond.

Dual-wielding scimitars is Zant’s style, allowing him to swing wildly about or dash with intent toward his enemies. He also possesses a great deal of magical attacks, so approach him with extreme caution.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.678303668904176.1073741846.322374604497086&type=1

Around the Network

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

RolStoppable said:
Hyrule Warriors looks more appealing than actual Zelda. And yes, I am serious. At this point in time there isn't much of a difference between third party trash and Zelda anymore. Aonuma needs to get his act together and announce his retirement from the Zelda series. You don't mention the original Zelda and then go on to talk about puzzles. You just don't.

There's a whole generation of gamers who never played the original Zelda, and have only played the series since Aonuma stepped in.

ktay95 said:

Awesome stuff :)

It really is amazing how Nintendo EAD has managed to reinvent Link so many times over the past 30 years. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hyrule Warriors looks more appealing than actual Zelda. And yes, I am serious. At this point in time there isn't much of a difference between third party trash and Zelda anymore. Aonuma needs to get his act together and announce his retirement from the Zelda series. You don't mention the original Zelda and then go on to talk about puzzles. You just don't.

But it does sound like theyre approaching puzzles in a different way though. And I gotta say, I dont mind the puzzles at all, but they need to focus on fighting a whole lot more

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

New character trailer for Lana:

My reaction?

Have I mentioned how awesome does Link look in the new Zelda for Wii U?
Ponytail...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Yeah of all the gameplay trailers Lana is by far the best looking to play, cos it had to be the new girl didn't it. Seriously though she is so fucking unique, I kind of want her in Warriors Orochi 4 whenever that happens.
Cannot wait for my Zeruda Musou to launch.

3  When will you announce more information about the new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U? Will it be before E3 next year?

Miyamoto:

Although this Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is a special opportunity, I am afraid I cannot give you any information other than what has been officially announced. At this point, there are a few titles under development in “The Legend of Zelda” series, so please look forward to their completion.

“Hyrule Warriors,” a tie-up with another company’s “Dynasty Warriors” series that we have shown at E3, is more or less an action game in which you cut down enemies, and it received very positive reviews at E3 for enabling players to choose from a variety of characters and for offering exhilarating action.

In addition, we have already announced that we are now developing the next title for the orthodox “The Legend of Zelda” series for Wii U, and that it will be an “open world,” as announced at E3. I prefer not to use the generally used term “open world” when developing software, but we used this term in order to make it easier for consumers to understand. This term means that there is a large world in which players can do numerous things daily. In the traditional “The Legend of Zelda” series, the player would play one dungeon at a time. For example, if there are eight dungeons, at the fourth dungeon, some players may think, “I’m already halfway through the game,” while other players may think, “I still have half of the game to play.” We are trying to gradually break down such mechanism and develop a game style in which you can enjoy “The Legend of Zelda” freely in a vast world, whenever you find the time to do so.

At the halfway point to achieving this goal, we released “The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds” for Nintendo 3DS last year. We created the games in the traditional “The Legend of Zelda” series in steps that players could easily understand and follow; the player would obtain a new item in each dungeon, use the item to clear that dungeon and be able to enjoy applying the items in different ways after acquiring about eight items. However, in “The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds,” we broke that down and let the player rent different items from the beginning, so the player could use different combinations of items. In this way, we are gradually changing the structure of “The Legend of Zelda” series, and we are preparing to newly evolve the series for Wii U. In addition to that, we have ideas for Nintendo 3DS which we have not announced yet, so I hope you will look forward to them.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/index.html