By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Okay so aside from their jokes Nintendo's conference sucked as well and just made me wish they had a real show and E3 as a whole has left me bitterly disappointed. Again.

However, on Nintendo's side there was Zelda. That could have won it for me, but then some genius decided it wasn't worth it to show gameplay footage (or anything more than a still that turns into a 30 second clip). What Aonuma said though sounds good, and I think it's promising. I'm thrilled Epona is back, and they seem to have heard my wish of having the ability to aimlessly and endlessly run around Hyrule Field on horseback. Also, the look of the game to me right now seems quite impressive. Huge draw distances and a lot of detail and effects. The style seems to be a perfect Zelda blend of previous styles; there's a bit of everything in there. Don't know what to think of Link's appearance and his strange lighting yet, but we've only seen half a second of him so far.

I strongly hope, we're going to see more of the game this week.

Around the Network

The main things I wanted from Zelda was:

- Adult Link
- Improved enviroment physics
- Tech demo artstyle

So 2 out of 3 ain't bad

S.Peelman said:

Okay so aside from their jokes Nintendo's conference sucked as well and just made me wish they had a real show and E3 as a whole has left me bitterly disappointed. Again.

However, on Nintendo's side there was Zelda. That could have won it for me, but then some genius decided it wasn't worth it to show gameplay footage (or anything more than a still that turns into a 30 second clip). What Aonuma said though sounds good, and I think it's promising. I'm thrilled Epona is back, and they seem to have heard my wish of having the ability to aimlessly and endlessly run around Hyrule Field on horseback. Also, the look of the game to me right now seems quite impressive. Huge draw distances and a lot of detail and effects. The style seems to be a perfect Zelda blend of previous styles; there's a bit of everything in there. Don't know what to think of Link's appearance and his strange lighting yet, but we've only seen half a second of him so far.

I strongly hope, we're going to see more of the game this week.

Well, I thought their conference was pretty good, but that's just me =)

But I have to agree that we saw way too little of the new Zelda game! I also wanted gameplay footage, even though what we saw was in-engine it wasn't gameplay. It really sounds like this will be an exciting new entry in the Zelda franchise! I love how they're going back to their roots with open world exploration!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mystro-Sama said:
The main things I wanted from Zelda was:

- Adult Link
- Improved enviroment physics
- Tech demo artstyle

So 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Especially when the artstyle we recieved is miles better than that tech demo. It's like Nintendo hired Ghibli on this one... Seriously shouldn't have typed this, now I want a new Ghibli game =P

As you all might know by now, there's a lot of discussion going on about "Link" in the new Zelda game; is he a HE at all? Or a SHE? And Aonuma isn't helping out much either; “No one explicitly said that that was Link," he told GamesBeat.

So what do you guys think? Is that Link or Zelda? Or maybe someone new entirely?

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
As you all might know by now, there's a lot of discussion going on about "Link" in the new Zelda game; is he a HE at all? Or a SHE? And Aonuma isn't helping out much either; “No one explicitly said that that was Link," he told GamesBeat.

So what do you guys think? Is that Link or Zelda? Or maybe someone new entirely?

It's Link, and he's a male.

People speculating because of the Japanese style of it and Aonuma trolling you all.

ktay95 said:
DanneSandin said:

It's Link, and he's a male.

People speculating because of the Japanese style of it and Aonuma trolling you all.

Yeah while that probably is true, would you mind if this Link WAS a girl? I'm not sure I would...

By the way guys, where do you think this new Zelda will fit in in the time line?! The last game we got was set in Time Line A (The Hero is Defeated) so where will this one fit in? Or will it be a "prequel" like SS and OoT?

Lol who knows where it fits in the timeline. Nintendo can change that at the drop of a hat. Really it will sit in its own paradox most likely until fans start arguing about where it belongs and then in 25 years Nintendo will tell us where it "officially" belongs 😁

ktay95 said:
Lol who knows where it fits in the timeline. Nintendo can change that at the drop of a hat. Really it will sit in its own paradox most likely until fans start arguing about where it belongs and then in 25 years Nintendo will tell us where it "officially" belongs 😁

You're probably rigt about that! ^^ Nintendo has been trolling us quite a lot lately ;)