By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26

According to Emily Rogers (who's been right on several occasions regarding the Switch, but were wrong about female Link - unless you count Linkle in Hyrule Warriors), it seems like the new Zelda might get delayed.

And I'm ok with that actually, and here's why:
While I hate that the game might get delayed (again), I'm loving the scope and ambition behind of game! From what I'm seeing, this might very well be the best Zelda game ever (and therefore the best game ever, quite possibly), and I'd rather have a perfect game that is delayed than have a buggy mess that gets patched up (like every Bethesda game). A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever. (Unless it's Star Fox 0, then it's bad forever even though it got delayed)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
According to Emily Rogers (who's been right on several occasions regarding the Switch, but were wrong about female Link - unless you count Linkle in Hyrule Warriors), it seems like the new Zelda might get delayed.

While I hate that the game might get delayed (again), I'm loving the scope and ambition behind of game! From what I'm seeing, this might very well be the best Zelda game ever (and therefore the best game ever, quite possibly), and I'd rather have a perfect game that is delayed than have a buggy mess that gets patched up (like every Bethesda game). A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever. (Unless it's Star Fox 0, then it's bad forever even though it got delayed)

What's very bizarre in what she said is that localisation is at fault and testing won't start til afterwards. Since when did translating text, halt the progression of checking game breaking bugs and glitches. Really that should be happening simultaneously within very different departments 

DanneSandin said:

I'm not ok. Nintendo should have released the game last year and make a port like Splatoon or Mk8.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

teigaga said:
DanneSandin said:

What's very bizarre in what she said is that localisation is at fault and testing won't start til afterwards. Since when did translating text, halt the progression of checking game breaking bugs and glitches. Really that should be happening simultaneously within very different departments 

Yes, that IS really weird, but according to eurogamer they've heard similar stuff (from seperate sources).

Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm not ok. Nintendo should have released the game last year and make a port like Splatoon or Mk8.

A port probably wouldn't sell as well on Switch, meaning the Switch it self probably wouldn't sell as well, so I can't blame Nintendo for saving it for the Switch.

As an unreleated note...
I don't know how or why, but looking at some parts of the last 2 shrines outside of the Plateau, the game gave me an OoT vibe. Seriously, don't know why exactly. My guess is that shrines looks similar to the adult Link dungeons... But who knows...

Around the Network

Holy crap! You can THROW your spear now?! That's awesome :D Finally a spear that actually acts like a spear :D The new Zelda is looking sooo good!

DanneSandin said:
Holy crap! You can THROW your spear now?! That's awesome :D Finally a spear that actually acts like a spear :D The new Zelda is looking sooo good!

Yes. You can throw your weapons.

I can't wait for this game anymore. I don't think I've been this eager for any new game since like, Twilight Princess. New trailer's even better than the first!

Anyone notice how in the new trailer the bird like character is wearing a scarf similar to the one HW's Link has?

Wyrdness said:
Anyone notice how in the new trailer the bird like character is wearing a scarf similar to the one HW's Link has?

Good, needed a new excuse to watch it for the 5th time.

But yeah, it has a blue scarf alright, but no red parts.