By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25

Seems early fears about the game were unfounded. Avoiding reviews cause I want to go in fresh. Usually I don't care about spoiling a games mechanics, but botw was so novel I wish I had known less. Wish I didn't know about the fusing mechanics, but hopefully there will be some more surprises along the way.

As for troll reviews, the point is to get attention so I'd recommend not signal boosting them. Haters gonna hate.

On an unrelated note mega man battle network holds up surprisingly well. I think it's the best of the Pokemon inspired kid RPGs that were rampant at the time.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 11 May 2023

Around the Network

Come on guys. Video game critics have very different preferences and priorities when it comes to game design. Is it so unrealistic that a reviewer wouldn't love Tears of the Kingdom?

I'm sure there are outlets out there who feel, consciously or unconsciously, compelled to highlight a game's negatives to buck popular opinion and/or drive viewership, but I'm equally confident there are outlets who feel compelled to focus only on a game's positives to match fan expectations.

Why do we dissect and impugn a 6/10 review and leave all the 10/10 reviews unexamined?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Come on guys. Video game critics have very different preferences and priorities when it comes to game design. Is it so unrealistic that a reviewer wouldn't love Tears of the Kingdom?

I'm sure there are outlets out there who feel, consciously or unconsciously, compelled to highlight a game's negatives to buck popular opinion and/or drive viewership, but I'm equally confident there are outlets who feel compelled to focus only on a game's positives to match fan expectations.

Why do we dissect and impugn a 6/10 review and leave all the 10/10 reviews unexamined?

This is why I often ignore a lot of the highest and lowest reviews for games. The highest reviews often just ignore flaws and the lowest exaggerate or make up flaws. Anyway video game reviews are broken, anything below 80 is considered bad which is just dumb.

49 perfect scores so far (82 reviews in)!

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yeah, I'm always wary of 10/10 reviews - high scores are given excessively carefree these days, even Adventure Gamers (IMO, from 1998 onward THE site for adventure game reviews), which was always very conservative with their scores and had, IMO, best scoring system, has deteriorated and started giving 5 out of 5 stars way too easily.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

That's the purpose of the low score. "Let me see what he has to say about this, if he's thinking outside the general consensus"

And that's what we all did. And kudos for him, it worked perfectly. I barely had a look to other reviews

Define 5/5s and 10/10s being given out too easily when the said reviews articulate why they feel that way and are consistent with each other?

Any odd score on any game would raise eyebrows especially as doing it for clicks is a known practice. Fan expectation hasn't stopped many games before not reviewing well, if anything the number system should be dropped and all ratings should just be a 3 word system of good/average/bad. 

I just want to know if framerate is locked 30 or is shit like botw , and if they had dungeons , new areas explore in world map or ita the same exact map

I think the last time I was this hyped for a piece of media it was for Episode 1: The Phantom Menace back in ‘99. In many ways that release taught me to lower my expectations and not buy into the hype. Based on these reviews I won’t have to learn the same lesson this time around.

Thank you, Aonuma-san, the Zelda team, Nintendo and Monolith Soft.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I just want to know if framerate is locked 30 or is shit like botw , and if they had dungeons , new areas explore in world map or ita the same exact map

The framerate is good, only activating Ultra-hand got a dip for one second.

Yes to the rest.