By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV in October 2007 if not for PS3 version!

Double spamariffic post.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

ssj12 - Regardless, it shows that the PS3 was/has been lagging behind the X360, to Sony's failure.

We STILL haven't seen gameplay from the PS3 version, whereas the X360 version has already been shown in previews.

Microsoft REALLY needs to get this news out, as it seems that the X360 version will end up being the superior version.

Legend - Microsoft has already stated RE5 will be on the X360 this year.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I just found out this game comes out on my wedding anniversary.

DAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. I couldn't care less which console delayed the game, I just want to play it.

Imagine how many more people you could kill if it was using up the 50gb for Blu Ray!! How many more cars there could be to steal, how many more hookers you could beat up, cops to kill, etc, etc.

I'll probably buy it for 360 either way cause I have both.

@rocketpig
Start scheming now. Any way you can schedule a trip to the Bahamas for your anniversary a week earlier? Spend some money at a nice restaurant the weekend before or after? Good lines: "Oh, honey, they didn't have our anniversary available for reservations at LaDiDa Restaurant, so I booked one the Saturday previous to it. We'll just celebrate our anniversary early this year." :)

Around the Network
johntonsoup said:
@rocketpig
Start scheming now. Any way you can schedule a trip to the Bahamas for your anniversary a week earlier? Spend some money at a nice restaurant the weekend before or after? Good lines: "Oh, honey, they didn't have our anniversary available for reservations at LaDiDa Restaurant, so I booked one the Saturday previous to it. We'll just celebrate our anniversary early this year." :)

I know. Luckily for me, I have three months to concoct some scheme that allows me to play the game on launch day.

I think it's funny that R* (well, more the poeple here) blame the PS3. Nothing says they have to make it for the PS3.

It took longer, ok, but it was R*'s choice. If they didn't think it was worth it, then they would have just made a 360 version and released it when it was done.

How do you blame Sony becuse R* wants 9 million more systems it runs on?

mrstickball said:

Microsoft REALLY needs to get this news out, as it seems that the X360 version will end up being the superior version.

"He stated that the PS3 is no longer an issue in terms of the development of GTA IV on it, stating that it is identical to the Xbox 360 version."

I must be reading a different interview than what you are reading. 

2-3 things to put in ur mind :

1/ they never stated that they delayed the game du to the PS3 version. They said it was partialy du to the PS3 version.

2/ so far we have only seen the Xbox360 version.
It was obvious the PS3 was "late" compared to the Xbox360 version
BUT, in 2007, BEFORE they delayed the game they have shown the Xbox360 version to the 1up/gamespot/ign(etc) and they said :
it was BAD TECHNICALLY :
lot of frame rate problem + massive clipping.
All thse things have been improved, a LOT, on the Xbox360 version.

I doubt all the delay was only du to the PS3 version
it is just the noob of GTAhq web site that are releasing some crap
Just go read the MTV interview by yourself.

Time to Work !

I don't trust anything until i see an official post from R*, we already knew the 360 version was running like shit when IGN did there preview, we already knew that the 360 version was causing problems due to the DVD format and the lack of an HDD in all units. And that the PS3 was slightly harder for them to develop on. I'm pretty sure after this official statement was made by the R* VP MS and Sony had teams off to help R* the next day.

Both systems are to blame and an impossible goal of releasing the game in October07.