By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking News! Naughty Dog going multiplatform

What is up with that link. No way would I click something like that.

Around the Network

I herd they met with Sega about being a launch game for the Dreamcast 2.

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

They had a contract and it ended.  It was bungies choice after that.

I thought they bought out Bungie.  As in, outright owned them, as Sony outright own ND.  What kind of contract did they have?

Nah they bought Halo not bungie.  I think they had around a 10 year contract or something.  Bungie seemed like they wanted to explore other titles besides Halo.  A lot of the bungie employees work for 343i though. It is basically Bungie's successor.  Not saying they are better or worst than Bungie, but it is like a branch off of Bungie and has a lot of the same team.

Anyway...

"In January 2001, it was announced Sony would acquire Naughty Dog."

How can be possible a First Party studio became multiplat???

The studios can do that are the Second Party like Insomniac Games, Quantic Dream, Giant Sparrow, SuperBot Entertainmen, Ready at Dawn Studios, etc.

Kresnik said:
Said Kotaku.

Anyway, I'm surprised how many replies above me failed to click the link. We request sources on this website but no-one ever bothers to check them :(

I certainly won't click a link that doesn't tell me which website I'm linked to. From close friends I'll accept tinyurl's and the like, but not on a forum. Especially not when the post emphasizes that I should click that weird looking link.

When googling parts of the text supposedly in the article I get this thread as only close result, while the other results are clearly to other topics, so the text can't be from a big website.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Anyway...

"In January 2001, it was announced Sony would acquire Naughty Dog."

How can be possible a First Party studio became multiplat???

The studios can do that are the Second Party like Insomniac Games, Quantic Dream, Giant Sparrow, SuperBot Entertainmen, Ready at Dawn Studios, etc.

I don't know man, it looks like they might have escaped that contract bro.  I know it's saddening but Naughty Dog may be going multiplat.  it's ok bro.  You should read the whole interview if you haven't though.  It is really interesting.

badgenome said:
Naughty Dog isn't in any danger of going multiplatform. By that I mean they will never touch the Vita.

If I were Sony, I'd make all their A-list devs do Vita games. At least more are coming around than in the PSP-generation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Meh that is like Insomniac going multiplatform....Not going to happen =p.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

In other news, a Microsoft spokesperson reveals that during 2012 marketing preparations for Halo 4, 343 industries was "this close" to reaching a deal with Nicki Minaj to use the song "Starships", namely the chorus, whenever the famous UNSC ship Infinity was shown on-screen.In the end, 343's Frank O' Conner turned down said aggreement as it "may damage the brand the fans have come to expect".

Source: http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4835833370902583&pid=1.7

The fuck >_>

lol since this is a fake rumor thread, this was just my own personal fake thread fantasy that I figured would be appropriate here.

Starships......were meant to fly. Hands up and touch the sky :P

(Sung as Infinity crash lands on Requiem)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

But Sony bought ND in 2001, didnt they? What the heck...