By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" inFamous - A Riderz13371 Review

kitler53 said:
riderz13371 said:
kitler53 said:
Gameplay - 7.5/10

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just found it way too repetitive. Would have enjoyed it more if it had a variety of powers available like inFamous 2 did and if up close and personal combat was more effective.

to each their own but i personally thought infamous was one of the best examples of gameplay this gen.  maybe it's me but the freedom to traverse the city (climb, fly, ride the rail) was one of the most mind blowingly awesome experiences for me this gen.  granted, lots of games feature this now but when infamous hit the scene only AC (the first one) was in this market and infamous waay did it better.

i think this is a case of reviewing it late and forgetting just how innovative this gameplay was when it released.

infamous 2 was way worse because not only did it's gamplay get used in a ton of other games (and therefore didn't feel as fresh) but the story sucked too.

Well as I said in the review, I felt the climbing wasn't done very well because it was essentially you just bashing the X button till you get to the top. You had to occasionally use a bit of strategy to climb buildings but not very often. I always said that the story of inFamous 1 is better than 2 but I feel that the overall experience of inFamous 2 is much better. More powers, improved graphics and you get rewarded for choosing either good/bad karma. 

Around the Network

Great review bro! Love the editing you put into your reviews. Sorry I was unable to help you out this time but you did an excellent job.

One game I just didn't care for.....I actually thought it was a step back for Sucker Punch. I agree with the gameplay analysis, but I wouldn't have been as kind with the score, partly because I didn't find the platforming fun at all. The story was decent, but you had to play through repetitive gameplay sections in order to experience it.....not to mention the side quests. Truth is, I feel the same way about Infamous 2 although I enjoyed Infamous 2's story much more.

its my favorite game this gen :D

JayWood2010 said:
Great review bro! Love the editing you put into your reviews. Sorry I was unable to help you out this time but you did an excellent job.

Thanks and it's alright =P.

Also guys I made a little bit of an error which some of you probably read and thought that something was missing.

I said "The open world aspect of the game plus the destroyed environment was fun to play around with, but it quickly got boring due to the poor combat, repetitive".  in the gameplay section of the review. It should have said "The open world aspect of the game plus the destroyed environment was fun to play around with, but it quickly got boring due to the poor combat, repetitive missions and mediocre climbing system." Don't know why it got cut off at repetitive.