By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations hitting PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in May

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

If anything the potential for a Vita version to sell is much higher than that of the 3DS even with the much lower install base. 

Agreed, but not with the Vita userbase this small.

We're talking about a platform that hasn't done a very good job selling CoD and Assassin's Creed. Those games are basically free now.

They're not free.

You know what I am referring to. Instead of cutting the price of the Vita, they now just bundle it with software.

The most anticipated Vita software and sales are still poor.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

If anything the potential for a Vita version to sell is much higher than that of the 3DS even with the much lower install base. 

Agreed, but not with the Vita userbase this small.

We're talking about a platform that hasn't done a very good job selling CoD and Assassin's Creed. Those games are basically free now.

They're not free.

You know what I am referring to. Instead of cutting the price of the Vita, they now just bundle it with software.

I wouldn't call any Vita title "anticipated" but yeah sales are poor.

3DS has bundles too in case you didn't know. All consoles do as a matter of fact.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I wouldn't call any Vita title "anticipated" but yeah sales are poor.

3DS has bundles too in case you didn't know. All consoles do as a matter of fact.

They were the most anticipated Vita titles. That's why Sony advertised them and bundles them.

The 3DS bundles are a different story, they cost more. The 360 Forza/Skyrim bundle aren't recent releases. The PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle is not a recent release.

Sony is bundling Vita with recent releases because they aren't selling.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Still my fave game on 3DS.

Have connection issues when playing raid mode online though, so can't wait to pick this up on 360.

May release? seems a long way away

Chandler said:And to those people who think that the 3DS version was a bust. Lol.

Edit: This is gold: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/22/resident-evil-revelations-creeps-to-ps3-may-21-with-new-features/#comments

I don't know what I find funnier. The fact vita got skipped or their reasoning. Still it doesn't mean they have completely pulled the plug on vita.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network

Planning on buying it on my 3DS but since I am trophy hunter. I'll buy it on my PS3 when it's cheap.
I am saving up for Last of Us and God of war ascension Limited Edition.

and this one:

Will cost me around $160 and up because this one is hard to find nowadays.

Resident Evil Revelations for Wii U, I'm in.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Mr Puggsly said:
RolStoppable said:
So the 3DS is losing one of its third party exclusives. Oh well, it wasn't that good of a game anyway.

Hmmm... it was very good. Arguably the best game on the 3DS. Losing this exclusive is not a big deal though, its not doing very well on the 3DS anyhow.

I'm afraid this means we won't be seeing many core titles on the 3DS though. Other than JRPGs.

I think Rol was doing a thing.  You know how people hype up exclusives until they become multi-plats and suddenly suck?  That's my guess, though.  If that is what Rol was doing, he is awesome.

Chandler said:

(picture)

Wow.

Good price. That Zavvi?

S.Peelman said:
Chandler said:

(picture)

Wow.

Good price. That Zavvi?

Yes, zavvi and thehut. Ordered from thehut because I had a 10% voucher that would have expired today. Lucky!

Same Price btw for PS360 version and PC version is even cheaper, I think £ 21.95.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.