By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 52 - Vanilla Ice Cream

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Yoshiya said:
TruckOSaurus said:
So what really happened last night? Did you guys try to kill mario as well?

Yea

Did you guys block me or someone else?

They probably really thought that I was the doctor.

My guess is that you weren't really blocked because you'd have been notified like I was.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

oh right wed need tabby

don't ask me i don't remember any actions.

Baalzamon said:
Back for the time being.

I think our answer all goes back to night 2, and I know it appears if people are trying to figure it out. I extremely doubt that town had the ability to kill 2 people in 1 night. It simply doesn't make sense balance wise unless the mafia has an extremely powerful team.

That being the case, either Trucks or Yoshiya is scum. If Yoshiya is scum, we still can't leave out the option of Trucks being a serial killer, but then that leaves the question about why Trucks action did nothing to Prof last night. I'm inclined to believe that Trucks is indeed scum, and Yoshiya is indeed a doctor with a 1 shot poison. Even though I was so curious yesterday as to why people were certain the mafia were indeed involved in two of the kills, I'm beginning to believe that is the case myself (because if Yoshiya is a doctor, he specifically stated he didn't target Prof last night...so any killing role Trucks has should have killed Prof). Mafia must have had an additional kill on the 2nd night that they could use. As for Trucks? He clearly has a role, but I find it quite odd that he chose to use some other mafia role when Prof wasn't even active at that point.

I do find it rather strange that Stefl went after Rol last night. With no real certain mafia suspects, I feel it would have been more acceptable to block Trucks given his claim at the time.

As for Tabaha, I don't think he is ever coming back to the game, and I completely agree with Trucks that this must indicate that getting rid of him would result in an instant win for the mafia. This means we have 3 mafia, and 4 townies.

Townies: Tabaha, Prof, Myself, Yoshiya

This leaves: Stefl, Trucks, Rol

I'm not certain if I agree with that 100% at the moment, however, and need a little time to think on it.

the bold: how would you have flipped this if the game had continued. Trucks was only somewhat suspicious.

i'm not sure Rol was buying into Trucks being mafia.

zero129 said:
Whats going on? is this thread now gone in limbo??

games over. either mafia won, or everyone has been modkilled.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
zero129 said:
Whats going on? is this thread now gone in limbo??

games over. either mafia won, or everyone has been modkilled.

Anyone know whos making the next sign up thread?.

Can someone pm me a link to it once it starts please

not sure but i won't be playing. reason being posting pattern and it almost certain everyone would know my role to be town since i was mafia before. 

RolStoppable said:

Also funny that DT called yoshi and stefl scum on Day 1 and was proven right. Too bad that nobody really wanted to believe him anymore for the other things he did.

Only thing I got wrong was Trucks and Zero. Zero was just stupid because I got confused between him and tabaha and then couldn't back down because I'd have been lynched so I slowly peeled it off. Trucks was playing scummy, but as I said I didn't do a good job of explaining why. 

Scum was overpowered I thought. Town was 60% inactive. Then you guys lynched/killed off all the active players that were town, cept trucks who was wrong completely and Rol who was spectularly wrong til the end. 

I'm not a fan of the incredibly harsh modkilling, but I appreciate Linkz didn't kill tabaha and that it was in the rules. I think that the way I ran it last round is a better way to do it- evidenced by the no modkills and only 1~2 posts after twilight, and before the game ended. 

Yoshiya you are über lucky I was killed, because I was gunning for you the next day and your excuses would not have held as I know IRL the lies about you being busy, mr *revisinh for exams* ;) 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

@DT: I wasn't playing scummy. You just don't know when it's time to hold off votes and when it's time to push for votes.

Signature goes here!

I let it drag on because had Rol, Trucks, and prof all agreed upon lynching Stefl, I'd have called it a lynch plus modkilled tabaha. Essentially leaving it up to Trucks and Yoshi if there would be another Day.

Yes, Mafia won. Yes, they were powerful. No, Town wasn't just as powerful.(Mafia COULD have been left with only one member at the start of Day 2) The balance is just quite swingy due to the Compulsive Vig. Town did so abysmal because of the inactivity, as you all know.

The Role Cop wasn't a typical one, but actually was only told the ability that was performed in a given Night. Meaning Nacho was told Yoshiya poisoned Night 1, not that he was a Doctor/1-Shot Poisoner. Yes, that also means had he scanned Yoshi on a Doctor Night he'd have gotten the false impression that he was Town's Doc. As Trucks finally figured out, most typical scum roles were Town, but the reverse was also true. The lesson being not to rely on meta.

The Poison would have been nullified had the victim been Watched, Bussed, or Role Copped either the Night of application or the Night of death. So it's hardly an automatic free kill.

And spurge had some information that would have been useful in figuring out the Trucks/Baalz claim dilemma. Anyone that was affected by a Bussing would have been notified of the change. So the Watcher would have been told "Spurge visited Player B" had he intended on visiting a bussed Player A.

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/J2EJtPGP5sC
Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/STB8eXq4ZtB39

**AWARDS**

Stefl gets Mafia and Overall MVP for taking charge of his team, including giving pointers to their newbie Marcus. As prof finally pointed out in the final Day, his posts in the game thread showed the hints of fake scumhunting, but he did enough to get them to the point of winning. Baalz is runner-up Mafia MVP for being so far off the radar that I even forgot he was scum's last member at one point.

Rol gets Town MVP for replacing in and being the most active Townie by far. As I said in PM, it can be very difficult spotting the difference between scummy play and just plain bad Town. prof gets runner-up for pretty much figuring it out at the end, but it was too little too late.

DT and Trucks get the "Oh, this is a two-way tunnel!" award, for pretty much getting on each other early and focusing on one another until Trucks ultimately killed DT.

Nacho and Marcus get the "Logic does not compute" award. Day 1, Marcus voted spurge for some of the most broken logic I've ever read. If spurge was scum, then he wouldn't do X, and spurge did X; therefore, spurge is scum. But of course Marcus WAS the scum, so chalk it up to doing whatever to get a vote on someone. I think in Nacho's case, his 'Scum wouldn't admit to being having a scummy role' is just VGC Mafia inexperience.

prof had said he wants to host again, and is next in line unless he's changed his mind.

You did not share that people would be notified that a change occured.