By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZOMG!!!!!!!! Super Mario Galaxy is a FIVE million seller!!!!!

proud owner of 242 stars be4 game launch

Around the Network

I agree that the often uncontrollable camera is the biggest problem with Galaxy. It's the best platformer in a ridiculous amount of time, and the gameplay is spot on perfect, but the same doesn't go for every single detail. Japanese game developers tend to think they can make better camera angles than the players themselves, and in Shigery Miyamoto's case he's actually right most of the time, but quite enough. Other than that I would've liked fewer and larger levels, rather than many shorter ones, but this isn't a huge issue.

It boggles the mind how a member like Rol who contributes a lot to the community got banned, but this clown is free to post the same dribble everyday. I understand the need to tolerate a higher degree of trollines from Sony fans to appear neutral, but it's going too far. -_-

mario galaxy will keep selling high for long time, and sales will increase as long as wii sales increase as well!! :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Great job galaxy!

I have a bone to pick with FishyJoe though.

You took the exact number of exclamation points in my "ZOMG!!!!!!!! Uncharted is a Million Seller!!!!!" thread. for shame.

I have 80+ stars, and I think SMG is absolutely fantastic. Took a little while to warm to it, but now I love it.

That said, I have two general issues with the game:

1/ Lack of exploration in the central hub is disappointing. A real thrill of SM64 was getting access to a new part of the castle, and properly exploring it.

2/ I have no real issue with the camera in the game - but I am very disappointed that the game prevents you from switching camera any time you like. I'll rather than clipping and other issues, than not being able to look around properly.

The controls are awesome - basically perfect. Pull stars + shaking  (various actions) are both great.

@Griffin: if you come into a Ninty thread flaming Galaxy (and Phantom) without solid evidence - expect to be flamed back. Maybe avoid this thread rather than reporting anyone you have offended?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
i seriously doubt it will hit 10 million.

8 million TOPS by the end of this generation.

it'll do 8mil by 12/31/08...would u like to put some stakes on that?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Wow, countdown until it beat Sunshine sales...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

shams said:

2/ I have no real issue with the camera in the game - but I am very disappointed that the game prevents you from switching camera any time you like. I'll rather than clipping and other issues, than not being able to look around properly.

QFT

that was the only thing that was worse than in sm64 :(

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Great!

Damned every wii owner should buy it.

About the game: It was great but still some things I wish was different.

Like that ball thing. I prefered that I could move the ball just with controls and not with waving the remote. I had problems to control it good.

And maybe some difficult things but that doesn't really bother me ^^''.