By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/26)

Consider 26th is a thursday and Nintendo games sell better on weekend, I think the sales for Big Brain Academy will raise higher after the weekend, expecting about 50 - 60k for the week.

Monday is a public holiday in Japan also so that's another thing to consider for more weekend sales.

I'm sure it will have some legs, it's not a typical gamer game where everyone who wants it will buy on day one... it'll spread and sell ongoing, like Wii Play (but not quite to that level because Wii Play = free remote). 

Around the Network

Some additions

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) : 6/14

Super Robot Wars OG Original Generations (PS2)  6/28 

Boku no natsuyasumi 3 (PS3) : 7/5

Everybodys Golf 5 (PS3) : 7/?

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Concerning the last one "Minna no Golf 5" (aka Everybody's Golf 5)

26 July according to Famitsu, can't find the news anymore over there but also found it on Dengekionline, scrolling down:

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/4/26/5ebfc9aebcde4fd16cb7b14f4e39dc33.html

Those screens.... drool....

Most likely a hit for the WII: June 28, Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (barrel jet race)

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I can't wait for Minna no golf 5.  The demo is solid, and the new info and screenshots of the final product have me drooling.  The online should be a blast.

I think FolkSoul: Ushinawareta Denshou needs some more publicity.  I never even knew what it was until the other day, yet it is a Game Republic/SCE collaboration.  I thought Genji was actually quite good, despite the fact that it got ripped apart by most critics.  Sure, the level design on the whole was very poor, but everything else?  Very good.  Tough too. 

This new title looks interesting, with the youkai theme and stuff it is a genre that doesn't have over-exposure.  If the developers can give it the polish that they couldn't give to Genji due to the launch title deadlines, then this should be a pretty sweet game as they already have solid experience in developing for the PS3.  However, I think Ninja Gaiden Sigma is going to steal some of its thunder.  Why release nothing at all for weeks, then two games of a similar type one week apart???

PSN - hanafuda

The screens make me drool as well, and it would be a lot of fun to play with the Japanese online, though no PS3.

I do hope FolkSoul will get some more publicity, unfortunate there's not much info about it, but for now Minna no Golf 5 is getting it all by Japanese websites.  Ninja Gaiden Sigma is not from Game Replublic though but from Team Ninja, mostly from Dead or Alive. So probably a developer who knows how to create real butt kicking games

I wonder how Shirokishi Monogatari (White Knight Story) will do. Personally I "love" Level 5. Got their latest games as well Layton and Jeanne d'Arc and they're wonderful!

Around the Network

I already own the original release of Final Fantasy Tactics for PSX, but I'm hyped up a lot for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 for DS. :)  I got a savegame with 180 hours and all 300 missions done in FFTA(GBA). :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

well, Fols Soul is made by Game Republic - the only thing they have to get right this time is the camera .. in genji2 it really was horrible ( I didn't believe the ppl saying so till I played the demo..) ,but well the game itself seemed fun though

as for Minna no Golf 5 .. I'm so fucking addicted to the demo , that I seriously consider importing the game , if it doesn't hit eu retails within a bearable amount of time

I haven't played Final Fantasy Tactics before, a friend of mine told me already that I really "should" play this game. Especially because I'm hooked to strategy games since a while :D.

Yes the game is from the same makers as from Brave Story for the PSP. The game should hit the US by the end of the Summer / begin Autumn. I really love that game, but am affraid that the game won't get the credits as it deserves. Famitsu gave 8, 8, 8, 9. I wrote a hands on for a Dutch game magazine a couple of months ago with the hope to bring some attention about the game.

Demo of Minna no Golf 5 that great? Bummer...  

FFT was fantastic on PS1. I never played FFTA but Im excited as all heck for FFTA2. I love SRPG's. The DS is just bogged down with good games, and since I waited until just recently to buy one Im trapped under a immense backlog. Ill never find the time.