By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii passes 20 million! (And leo-j loses bet :P)

I agree with Rocketpig. He can't be banned until we get proof of his new Wii.

Around the Network
azrm2k said:

Your sig pic of Carlton dancing to the Wii makes me lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

azrm2k said:

we can always wait till after the ban... im banning him... rocket can unban if he likesbut that will constitute 1 day off his ban. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I just think its funny that if he did buy a Wii he helped contribute to his ban =P

If it hits 20m exactly he has nobody to blame but himself ...of course I suppose it would have sold anyways =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

Ban his ass! BAN HIS ASS!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
azrm2k said:

we can always wait till after the ban... im banning him... rocket can unban if he likesbut that will constitute 1 day off his ban. 

Nah, it's cool. The deal was he got banned if the Wii hit 20m. Plus, it will give him a week to conjure an image of this Wii he keeps talking about.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Best of luck on your week off leo-j, we will continue the SDF without you

Off topic

Please forgive me, but I noticed the Wii cartoon and I remembered a quandary I had last year. Does anyone else use the Wii mote backwards like I do. First let me say this I am right handed. However every time I see the Wii mote in use its in the right hand and the Nunchuk is in the left hand. However for some reason I have always used them in the opposite manner.

Which is rather strange when you think about it, because every single Nintendo analog controller has had the stick to the left, and even before that the digital pad was to the left. However I am playing the controller in what I suppose is reverse.

Anyone else find that they have done this. The only explanation I have so far is that its a by product of using a mouse to game. Meaning I prefer analog movement from the right now rather then the left.

Yes I have a Wii I don't play it much, but I do have one.

I tried playing it "backwards" once but didn't like the feel and switched positions immediately afterward.

Though it's quite enlightening to know that you don't play your Wii much. It's something we were all clamoring to know.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

There are a lot of people who don't use their Wii much. It goes with the territory of having a large percentage of your buyers/users in the casual and non-gaming demographics.

One would hope the hundreds of thousands of Wiis being flipped on E-bay for around $400 are actually being used regularly though.