By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii passes 20 million! (And leo-j loses bet :P)

You guys should probably stop making fun of leo-j. The kid obviously has severe emotional problems and you're likely making it a lot worse....

Around the Network
Soriku said:
damkira said:
You guys should probably stop making fun of leo-j. The kid obviously has severe emotional problems and you're likely making it a lot worse....

Emo leo?

Come on Soriku, use the pic... you know you want to!

Soriku said:
damkira said:

Emo leo?

ROFL

Soriku said:
What pic?

Dedicated to Leo-J

(See what i mean Soriku?) =P 

That was by far the most rewarding 10 minute read I've had in a long time

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Iori Yagami hairstyle? Awesome!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Dodece said:
Off topic

Please forgive me, but I noticed the Wii cartoon and I remembered a quandary I had last year. Does anyone else use the Wii mote backwards like I do. First let me say this I am right handed. However every time I see the Wii mote in use its in the right hand and the Nunchuk is in the left hand. However for some reason I have always used them in the opposite manner.

Which is rather strange when you think about it, because every single Nintendo analog controller has had the stick to the left, and even before that the digital pad was to the left. However I am playing the controller in what I suppose is reverse.

Anyone else find that they have done this. The only explanation I have so far is that its a by product of using a mouse to game. Meaning I prefer analog movement from the right now rather then the left.

Yes I have a Wii I don't play it much, but I do have one.

the wiimote is the mouse equivalent and the nunchuk is the keyboard equivalent, so your explanation doesn't make sense

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Well this thread deteriorated pretty quickly.

Leo-j, clearly you have some growing up to do if you're going to throw a temper tantrum like this. There are a dozen different ways you could've resolved the situation peacefully. The easy solution is to not make inciting topics in the first place.

You lost a bet, and you got caught lying, tried to pass off someone else's Wii as your own, and your childish reaction in this thread has now added another couple of weeks. All you had to do was apologize. If you had simply responded to the thread saying "haha yea it as a joke" even, that would've been the end of it. I wouldn't even enforce a ban bet (the whole concept is fairly stupid imo) if someone wasn't willing to go through with it. But no, you had to keep the lies coming, go be an attention seeker, and react like a spoiled child.

You have had more chances on this site than any other user. If you can't grow up and start acting like an adult, then you're not going to be able to participate in this community anymore.

Maybe if you send an email to ioi (admin@vgchartz.com) and myself (kjackson@vgchartz.com) with an apology to all of the staff and all of the userbase to be sent out and posted here, your ban can be lifted. But you had damn well better act contrite and polite afterwards because you're out of chances.

---

Now who perma-banned grandmaster? I don't think that was really necessary (unless there was some other reason).

Grandmaster asked to be permabanned a few days ago, and then unbanned 24 hours later. He was, then someone tried to ban him for a week for actual rule violations, but there is currently a bug where if the previous ban wasn't met, despite the person being unbanned, the next ban will be overwritten by the first ban. So, basically I'm just going to manually unban him when the week is up (it's explained in his comments too).

Ah ok, fixed that then.