By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Complete Sales Comparions

The be all, end all sales comparisons and analysis are complete.

This file is formatted like a report. Goes over different consoles, different sales in the regions, and different ways of looking at those sales in those regions. This is could be considered the "casual" report.

This Excel file is a companion file. It contains extra graphs (that can be found here at this site), but with some additional information in them (such as holiday periods). Along with the report above, this could be considered the "hardcore" comparison.

This Powerpoint lays out the comparisons and analysis in a presentation format. Contains 95% of what the report above contains, but lays it out in a simplified manner, that one can merely "watch," though you have to advance the slides yourself if you so choose to watch it in the actual "slideshow" mode. Also contains some of the graphs that appear in the Excel file. This could be considered the "non-gamer" comparison. Note: This file size is 32MB... though that shouldn't be a problem for most of you.

It'll be unlikely that I'll update these until second year sales are in for the PS3 and Wii, which will be around the beginning of December. It'll probably be later than that, more like the beginning of 2009.

I would post these, but they have already been posted, and though I've fixed some mistakes and added some things, it's a relatively long comparison, so I'm going to repost them. You can see those online versions here. I may however edit them if there's enough demand... lol

Let me know what you guys think (yes, I know... I need a life).