By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just Realized

MikeB said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:

The console performed really well in Europe and North America considering market saturation.

One could liken this to the statement "though she did drown, she swam pretty well considering the strong undertoe."

Except for the it didn't drown, the console manages to stay very close to worldwide 360 and PS3 sales. Just a few percentage of difference.

IMO the PS2 has legs, actually like no other console to date.

Backwards compatability likely plays a role in that I think.

I think it's mostly a combination of entry price and game library (many cheap games).

A library made larger by backwards compatibility though.  

Around the Network

PS2 sales will slow down significantly when PS3 80G comes down to $399.
Sony needs to do this now. I want to purchase PS3 with BC

damkira said:
ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
In before "Supply constraint!"

actualy it is, they are still filling rain-checks from Christmas.

This was probably already said before, but are the Gamestop rain checks filled this month being counted toward sales this month? If so, sales have been most disappointing.

i dont think so, message ioi to double check, but I think that Nintendo's shipments are being split into 2 parts. 1 part goes to rain-checks, the other normal sales for this month.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

avinash_Tyagi:" Wii will outsell the entire playstation family put together

the word consoles is not in that statement!

I may or may not have modified that statement...ha ha

either way the wii will not outsell the entire playstation family of CONSOLES.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:
@avinash

The ps family is above 260Million. And growing wii is not outselling ps2+psp+ps3, the psp and ps2 are selling better than the wii.

How about Nintendo "family" versus Playstation?

that question is irrelevant.
avin was the one being overly optimistic with the Wii's appeal, and when hes claim becomes highly unlikely, you add some irrelevant contest that has nothing to do with avin's claim.

analogy:

sonyfan1: ps3 can beat wii's and gamecubes sales combined.

You: hahah youre dreaming.

1 year later wii sells 20 mil ps3 sells 9 mil

You: hahah sonyfan1 claim cracks me up everytime i see it.
        dont worry 9mil ps3's to 20mil+GCsales, almost there... haha

sonyfan1: it can do it!

You: no it cant look how much the gap is!

sonyfan2: well how about we do a comparison about those 2 nintendo consoles against all 4 of sonys consoles?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

kvh22000 said:
avinash_Tyagi:" Wii will outsell the entire playstation family put together

the word consoles is not in that statement!

Do you know how to read, can you read my signature?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

iclim4 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:
@avinash

The ps family is above 260Million. And growing wii is not outselling ps2+psp+ps3, the psp and ps2 are selling better than the wii.

How about Nintendo "family" versus Playstation?

that question is irrelevant.
avin was the one being overly optimistic with the Wii's appeal, and when hes claim becomes highly unlikely, you add some irrelevant contest that has nothing to do with avin's claim.

analogy:

sonyfan1: ps3 can beat wii's and gamecubes sales combined.

You: hahah youre dreaming.

1 year later wii sells 20 mil ps3 sells 9 mil

You: hahah sonyfan1 claim cracks me up everytime i see it.
        dont worry 9mil ps3's to 20mil+GCsales, almost there... haha

sonyfan1: it can do it!

You: no it cant look how much the gap is!

sonyfan2: well how about we do a comparison about those 2 nintendo consoles against all 4 of sonys consoles?

I'm not being overly optomistic, Sony fans apparantly lack the ability to read, as my signature clearly says consoles, and Wii can surpass PS1, 2 and 3 in sales combined

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@ Avin
well being overly optimistic is an opinion.
most people would think that 60 mil Wii's sold before 2009 is overly optimistic(including you since you predict 45mil), but for JL its only his minimum.
i too consider his prediction overly optimistic, as i do yours.
im not saying your prediction is ignorant or impossible,
im saying that its plausible but highly unlikely in todays sales pattern,
but of course odder things have happened.
anyway, if everyone agreed with your prediction, then it would be pretty
bland, it would be like your stating the obvious.
so no need to take offense.

"Sony fans apparantly lack the ability to read, as my signature clearly says consoles, and Wii can surpass PS1, 2 and 3 in sales combined"

hey i used leo-j's post as an example, he included the psp. so thats 4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yes but Leo-J didn't read my prediction before he posted, nor did a few others, i'm not taking offense at what you said, but rather just pointing out how others have made faulty statements, as my signature clearly shows I am referring to home consoles, of which there are three, PSP is not included in my predicition.