By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space 3 is here, what do you think? Played it, Loved it!

Dead Space 3 is here, What do you think?

Also I did not expect 2 discs. The game must be a bit long. GOOD!!!

Dead space 3 is about to launch Feb 5th. They have also announced a dev-team edition(can only order off EA website) which will cost $160 for those who have been waiting, me being one of them. I will post video's below of the game and editions.

Who here is picking up Dead Space 3 and what do you think of the first 2? and if you haven't played them, you should.

I will also like to add that VGchartz has this marked as N/A under," weeks to launch".

Dead Space 3 will launch

USA Feb 5th

Europe Feb 8th

GO OUT TODAY AND PRE-ORDER THIS GAME!!!

USA ONLY

Dead Space 3 (X360)
Electronic Arts, Shooter
1 64,169 231,684

Dead Space 3 (PS3)
Electronic Arts, Shooter
1 28,878 126,208

The Dead Space 3 Dev-team Edition is going to be limited to 5,000 copies and can only be ordered off of EA website which I will post below. I just ordered the Dev-Team edition and riding on the front cart and front seat of the hype train. All aboard.  Also as mentioned above the Dev-team edition with game will be $160 However the Dev-team edition without the game will cost $100. Expect to pay shipping. They do accept pay pal.

http://gear.ea.com/titles/dead-space/dead-space-3-dev-team-edition.html

Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition

We worked very closely with the Dev-Team of Dead Space 3 to make sure this collector's edition is squarely grounded in-fiction, and just as cool and well made as possible.

Contents:

• 13" SCAF Tin Crate
  • 8" Ployresin Black Marker Statue
  • Aluminum Data Pad
  • Med Pack Water Bottle
  • Bound SCAF Jotter
  • 3 SCAF Posters
  • 6 Peng Postcards
  • 96 Page Mini Art Book
  • A copy of Dead Space 3 on the platform of your choice (PC copies are disc only; we are unable to provide a downloadable version)
  • DLC: First Contact bundle (includes the First Contact Suit and Negotiator weapon for precise dismemberment)
  • DLC: Witness the Truth bundle (includes the Witness the Truth suit and tactical Evangelizer weapon)

Only 5,000 Dev-Team Editions were made, total. Each tin crate comes with a metal plate with that edition's number stamped into it.

Dead Space 3 has been rated M for Mature by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, and Strong Language. We are only able to bundle Region 1 versions of the game. These will work in the US and Canada and are localized in English. If you'd like to buy this collector's edition, but want a different version of the game (or would like to get just the exclusives without the game for any reason at all), you can pick up the Dev-Team Edition Add-On without the game.

Important note about shipping: Your game will ship separately. The shipping method you choose at checkout applies to the game only. All the goodies are packed in the crate, which will ship early by ground (possibly arriving before the game is released for extra fun).

We're not allowed to ship the game before February 4th, so you can opt for overnight shipping (US addresses only) and get the game as soon as possible. (The box with the crate and all the goodies weighs over 8 pounds, so shipping separately is the only practical way to get the game in your hands on release day.)

Video's below.. 

Around the Network

Dead Space 3 trailer.

this is gonna flop, what i mean by flop? selling under 5 million units. why 5 million units? because thats how much they need to break even or make some profits

Dead Space 3 Dev-team edition

co-op

Dead Space 3 Pre-order video

bananaking21 said:
this is gonna flop, what i mean by flop? selling under 5 million units. why 5 million units? because thats how much they need to break even or make some profits

Link

proof.

this sounds like it's a joke most games will never sell 5 million.

EDIT:  well I looked it up and it seems you might be right.

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
bananaking21 said:

Link

proof.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152843&page=1

Nintendo and PC gamer

I plan to get it, love both Dead Space and Dead Space 2 and I´m really glad co-op isn´t forced on you in single player mode.I´ve seen some people complaining about fighting humans, but between the crazy Unitology followers and Earth government, it was only a matter of time till Isaac had to directly deal with them.

spaceguy said:
bananaking21 said:

Link

proof.

dont get me wrong, i dont want the game to do bad, but EA are just being unrealstic about its sales. this is not gears of war

bananaking21 said:
spaceguy said:
bananaking21 said:

Link

proof.

dont get me wrong, i dont want the game to do bad, but EA are just being unrealstic about its sales. this is not gears of war

dead space 2 sold according to vgchartz

Xbox 1.29

PS3 1.22

PC  .26

so almost 3 million

Also I have a hard time trusting VGchartz numbers after the first 20 weeks or so, Unless your halo, I'm sure they really don't track them well.

So I think it can be done.

I'll be purchasing Dead Space 3 when it's released. I loved the first two games, and Extraction was good too.

$160 dev-team edition? lol, nope. I don't really see anything of interest in there.