By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

What makes you think America is the world leader now?

I think that will happen in about 20 years ago.

While China will be the worlds biggest economy around 2020, there is a loooong way before it catches up with America.

When China surpasses America in:
- a bigger domestic market
-higher defense spending
-innovations
-politcal and diplomatic influence

Then we can say America is no longer the world leader.

2020 China will be the largest economy. 2025 will surpass it's military budget. 2030 it will be nearly twice as large as America. 2035 our kids will be listening only to C-Pop, learning Mandarin and buying their chinese cars, while America will fall below 10% of the world's economy, roughly where Japan is now.

Yeah.

Around the Network

What classifies "world leader"? America will always be the dominant military country IE have the most power. As far as economy goes, that ship sailed many years ago for the good ol' USA.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

haxxiy said:
2020 China will be the largest economy. 2025 will surpass it's military budget. 2030 it will be nearly twice as large as America. 2035 our kids will be listening only to C-Pop, learning Mandarin and buying their chinese cars.

Yeah.

That doesn't mean America isn't the leader anymore. The US military force won't have a real problem dealing with China even if Chinese spending surpasses the US. The Chinese are spending their money on technology already built by Americans while the Americans are developing newer ones thanks to their development foundations in the previous decades. The Chinese have a long road ahead surpassing the US in science: http://www.scimagojr.com/countryrank.php

Furthermore, English being the lingua franca will also help the US sit at the throne, the American cultural impact on the world won't be surpassed by anyone atleast in the next 50 years.

Well it is an empire of having 50 united states technically

If your talking world superpower, then maybe 20-25 years

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wander_ said:

Everything In History Has Come To An End.
British, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Roman, Spanish, Turkish Etc, All These Empire Fell. I Know America Is Not An Empire But Im Just Saying You Know, Since Theres A Saying That Says "Nothing Is Forever"

I Just Want To See What Your Opinions Are.

Your wall says your in paris. Get off Vgchartz and actually enjoy your vacation!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think the bigger question is: Why did you start every word in your OP with a capital letter?