By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2006-09 forum posters come to this thread! The VGC Old Republic will rise!! (Nothing to do with SW game xD)

So we are supposed to kill all the members that joined previous to us to become the Oldest?

*Suits up for battle

Around the Network

I really enjoyed and loved the old VGCs.

All the gifs and threads with more than 1000 comments... the talk about your loved game or console without be banned... the sarcasm in every post... AMAZING days.

I can say for sure my English grow up a lot due these olds guys in VGC.

leo-j said:
Too bad I barely remember the creator of the OP..

Aren't you the guy who only wanted to buy a PS3 the moment selling the PS3 hardware was profitable for Sony?

I joined in 09 but been here long enough to remember when this site actually had a competitor called nextgensales or something (pretty sure it was 06). That didn't last long.

ow yeah, the site with the automatic timer. I remember people actually giving it more credit than VGC!

Around the Network

I remember everyone fighting over about who made the first sales thread after numbers were coming.Even I managed to get few..I dunno these days.

Take my love, take my land..

yoooooo

Simulacrum said:
I remember everyone fighting over about who made the first sales thread after numbers were coming.Even I managed to get few..I dunno these days.

Everybody got ready to push F5 until the first numbers come in... I created a lot of sales threads too.

zero129 said:
JGarret said:
zero129 said:
Gamerace said:
JGarret said:
Too bad the Wii U isn´t doing that good so far, it´d be fun to have a new John Lucas.

Durango/720/whatever it'll be called - is the new Wii.

As far as John Lucas - SuperChuck and I are about as close as you'll get I'm afraid.  

Should that be a good thing that our new Master Elder Superchunk is being compared to this Jon Lucas who i dont seem to remember xD.

You don´t remember him, zero?..preposterous!..the man was a legend lol.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=11590&page=1

I remember him now lulz xD

After lurking for a while (just viewing charts) I did register mainly to back John Lucas's 'ridiculous' claim Wii would sell 20m in 2007.   We were right.

Beyond that, I don't think I ever agreed with any of John's predictions again.  They weren't always well thought out, even if they were exceptionally well presented.

I think I predicted Wii would sell 150-200m back then.  I still think that was possible IF Nintendo had been able to produce enough when Wii was hot and IF they kept following their blue ocean strategy.  But after Wii Music (which was a mis-fire) they never pursued that idea any further, instead relying on new versions of old games (red ocean).  

As for 720's I think it'll easily take NA, edge Sony out in Europe and do better than 360 in Japan but probably lose to WiiU there.   However, I think console sales as a whole will be down from this gen thanks to tablets and new competition.     Without having seen the new systems yet, I'm guessing:

720 - 80m, PS4 - 50m, WiiU - 30m

Gamerace said:
zero129 said:
JGarret said:
zero129 said:
Gamerace said:
JGarret said:
Too bad the Wii U isn´t doing that good so far, it´d be fun to have a new John Lucas.

Durango/720/whatever it'll be called - is the new Wii.

As far as John Lucas - SuperChuck and I are about as close as you'll get I'm afraid.  

Should that be a good thing that our new Master Elder Superchunk is being compared to this Jon Lucas who i dont seem to remember xD.

You don´t remember him, zero?..preposterous!..the man was a legend lol.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=11590&page=1

I remember him now lulz xD

After lurking for a while (just viewing charts) I did register mainly to back John Lucas's 'ridiculous' claim Wii would sell 20m in 2007.   We were right.

Beyond that, I don't think I ever agreed with any of John's predictions again.  They weren't always well thought out, even if they were exceptionally well presented.

I think I predicted Wii would sell 150-200m back then.  I still think that was possible IF Nintendo had been able to produce enough when Wii was hot and IF they kept following their blue ocean strategy.  But after Wii Music (which was a mis-fire) they never pursued that idea any further, instead relying on new versions of old games (red ocean).  

As for 720's I think it'll easily take NA, edge Sony out in Europe and do better than 360 in Japan but probably lose to WiiU there.   However, I think console sales as a whole will be down from this gen thanks to tablets and new competition.     Without having seen the new systems yet, I'm guessing:

720 - 80m, PS4 - 50m, WiiU - 30m

Remember Avinash and his 'Wii will sell 300 million' predictions?