By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Violent games pulled from rest stops in Massachusetts

Tagged games:

Do you agree with this notion?

Yes I support this move! 2 8.33%

No - This is a waste of time and effort 22 91.67%

Total:24
zero129 said:
rccsetzer said:
Wander_ said:
Hollywood is next umm no ? But why ?

A 2 hour movie is nothing like hundreds of hours playing shooters. And videogames are interactive media, you fell like "you" are shooting, not just a character in a game. I am not saying that movies don't provide immersion. What i am trying to say is that in games it is easier to be "brain washed" by violence.

Strange i had 1 friend before think he was a Power Ranger when i was younger and he jumped from a 2 story building while thinking so (Lucky he was ok but thats not the point).

I read of another person who thoughts he was a evil jedi in real life and wanted to kill all the jadis and people of the republic. This guy really thought he was in Star Wars (this was from years ago well before the was even a 3d SW game)..

Pretty much if someone is sick and they get an idea in their head it doesnt matter where it comes from..

Your Power Ranger friend didn't try to shoot other people.

Your evil Jedi friend could not achieve what he wanted because The Force , lightsabers and laser guns don't exist in real life. 

I had a cousin who wanted to shoot balls of ice like sub-zero, but he could not go beyond imagination to do that. 

Unfortunatelly fire guns are very real and can be obtained by anyone who wants it.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Seems an ideal token gesture. How many people actually play those things? A token gesture to the people who think violent games have something to do with anything, while not really offending consumers of gaming (except on principle).

I find it weird that you don't think video games have anything to do with violent behavior but guns do.  Research is much stronger on the videogames side. (Though still stuck only at a correlation not causation level.)

At least there is a correlation among people who play violent videogames committing violent acts.  (Of course, it makes more sense that those who like to do violent things like media about violent things, likely both being dependent variables on some other third factor of interest in violence.

I actually think theres too many violent games
I hope that fad disappears over time