By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With the help of the Ocarina 3D remake, Ocarina of time retakes the top selling Zelda position from Twilight Princess!

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!

Around the Network

Well, Ocarina of Time has other weapons in this fight too if you don't want to count the 3DS version.

OoT was released on GameCube twice, and it's on the Wii Virtual Console. The GameCube versions however, are special editions; one included in the 'Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition' that you could get via Club Nintendo (in Europe at least, I think in the US you got it by pre-ordering Mario Kart (?)), the other included with the pre-order of Wind Waker.

But alas, I don't think those will be enough to bridge the gap of a million, and it's unfair to include OoT 3D with the numbers. OoT 3D is not a re-release of the same game, but a remake. Thus, Twilight Princess indeed takes the crown as best-selling Zelda game.

Ocarina a better game? Ha!

And as someone already stated, you are counting a re-release vs. one single game.

I'm confident less than 1% bought the 2 versions of Twilight Princess.

Good job, OoT.
But I still love my twilight princess dearly... My precious...

I think I like Twilight Princess better. Don't really care which sells more. Both are awesome.

Around the Network

I'd say it's fair. Both games were released on two consoles.

Let's wait until TP has seen 4 separate releases, as well as a full-on remake. Then we'll talk.

Also, you can count on the WiiU Zelda being similar to OOT/TP, instead of 'different' like, say, WW or SS. Looking at the sales, it will be blatantly apparent to Nintendo which the audience prefers.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

My copy of Wind Waker has an extra disk with Ocarina of Time on it.

What about all of those sales!

Twilight princess outsold Ocarina of Time? Wow...

I guess that's what can happen when they publish a Zelda game on console release (in the case of the Wii). Perhaps something they should consider doing with the WiiU's successor?

spurgeonryan said:
Cheebee said:
Let's wait until TP has seen 4 separate releases, as well as a full-on remake. Then we'll talk.

Also, you can count on the WiiU Zelda being similar to OOT/TP, instead of 'different' like, say, WW or SS. Looking at the sales, it will be blatantly apparent to Nintendo which the audience prefers.

But things are different now than in the 90's. Games are much bigger now. Those are very impressive sales considering how many N64 consoles were sold and the gaming climate then.

Well yes, of course. But the N64 also had FAR less games to choose from, compared to Wii.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046