By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5: 343 will “do much better next time”, O’Connor talks next-gen

Looking forward to Halo 5.Will defo get it if I get the nextbox. Only prop I had wit Halo 4 was it had a few bugs. Other than that fantastic game. Is it also wrong that I fancied Cortana? Lol.

Around the Network

Halo 4 need more game. I am with all the people who complained about the game on Halo 4. A few steps need to be made towards what made Halo great...And not more steps to COD X_X.

The campaign is still quite tame, thats definitely an area for improvement.

Otherwise I hope they just continue taking risks and pushing the franchise forward.

Frank from 343 was meant to say the Halo 4 is best/fastest selling game in series, but some how a journalist messed that one up.

Ckmlb1 said:
According to metacritic, it's less critically acclaimed than any Halo shooter except for ODST. Is it really the fastest selling Halo game?

If you get the first 8 weeks of sales it is but that's because the period.

Halo 4 (8 weeks from 10th Nov to 29th Dec): 7,387,969
Halo 3 (8 weeks from 29th Sep to 17th Nov): 5,559,791
Reach (8 weeks from 18th Sep to 6th Nov): 5,620,046

So Halo 3 and Reach didn't have Black Friday or Holidays to match Halo 4 sales but for the first day/week Halo 3 is the fastest selling Halo to date.

Halo 4 will slow down after Week 9 and Halo 3 and Reach will get some huge Black Friday / Holiday weeks... after week 20 there is a lot of possible to Halo 3 and Reach be tracking over Halo 4.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Ckmlb1 said:
According to metacritic, it's less critically acclaimed than any Halo shooter except for ODST. Is it really the fastest selling Halo game?

If you get the first 8 weeks of sales it is but that's because the perido.

Halo 4 (8 weeks from 10th Nov to 29th Dec): 7,387,969
Halo 3 (8 weeks from 29th Sep to 17th Nov): 5,559,791
Reach (8 weeks from 18th Sep to 6th Nov): 5,620,046

So Halo 3 and Reach didn't have Black Friday or Holidays to match Halo 4 sales but for the first day/week Halo 3 is the fastest selling Halo to date.

Your referring to biggest opening week.

Halo 4 is technically the fastest selling Halo game

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Halo 4 is the best game in the series, it's the game of the year, and it's the game of the decade. If Halo 5 is better, and I' m sure 343i can do pull it off, then Halo 5 might end up being the best game of all time. God I love Halo.

On one hand, the campaign's story could definitely be improved. On the other hand, I really don't know how 343 could possibly improve War Games and Spartan Ops, both of which are perfect IMO.

sales2099 said:

Yeap... for the openning week and the second week Halo 3 is the fastest selling Halo game.... but after the third week (Black Friday for Halo 4) the Halo is the fastest Halo game.

That was expected because there is no way October sales match November sales.

ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

Yeap... for the openning week and the second week Halo 3 is the fastest selling Halo game.... but after the third week (Black Friday for Halo 4) the Halo is the fastest Halo game.

That was expected because there is no way October sales match November sales.

nm> Good stats and good pace for Halo 4 so far

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.