By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - In the Devils defense.

The Devil is depicted in the Christian Bible as being an evil being, and I'm sure most Christians agree with this depiction. Isn't this unfair to the Devil? The only source we have to judge the Devil is through The Bible, which was written by only one party, God. For all we know, God twisted the story in a way that makes him seem like the “better man.” God could be boosting himself up while being unfair to the Devil. We only get one side of the story. Yet as we all know, there are two sides to every story. For all we know, the Devil could be a pretty nice guy.
I say we be reasonable about this situation and refrain from judging God or Satan until we get to hear both of their stories; it’s only fair. If two people got into a dispute, it would be silly to condemn one person without at least hearing his story, yet that is exactly how Satan is treated. I say this is grossly unfair to someone who could potentially be completely innocent. For all we know, God could have been lying about the Devil all along (No offence to God, just being fair here). I don’t think anyone can disagree with using fairness and reason to judge someone’s character.
Think about this for a second. What if the real God isn't depicted in the Bible? Maybe, the real God wrote the Bible just to test us humans. Maybe, the real God intentionally created a story from only one biased perspective just to see if we would trust it. Maybe, the real God just wanted to see if we would condemn a poor soul without even hearing his story from his perspective. And to top it off, he made the Bible extremely persuasive with promises of eternal life to those who sided with God. This would be the ultimate test of fairness, and I’m afraid a lot of people have failed. 
Can anyone present any fair reasons to believe Satan is evil without using propaganda from God himself?

this is not my thoguhts but there are 2 sides to every story.

Around the Network

There are more than 2 sides to ever story! Just look at politics. The main 2 sides both suck.  The Bible was written by men that claimed to be in touch with God.  I agree with your train of thought though.  History is a good example of this.  Usually history is written by the winners. 

Wow, so double thread post, and I cant believe I am saying this... But duplicate thread topic too...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152227&page=1#20

The Codex Gigas

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2008/12/17/devil_bible/

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
gergroy said:
Wow, so double thread post, and I cant believe I am saying this... But duplicate thread topic too...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152227&page=1#20

total coincidence

Around the Network

Sorry, I have to lock this because it's a duplicate.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger