By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA5 PS3 will outsell the X360 version

PS3 GTA5 will sell more than 360 LTD

Yes 144 59.75%

No 97 40.25%

Total:241

I think that it is hard to say. On one hand, GTAIV came out before the PS3 really hit its stride, as well as having Microsoft timed-exclusivity with some of its content. On the other hand, despite those advantages, total lifetime sales are actually rather close. I do think that the 360 version will still have an early lead, due to the series's popularity in America, but lifetime-wise, I can see it being very close.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Laurel Aitken said:
kowenicki said:
RaiderMX said:
?

Xbox 360: Gears of War: Judgement
PS3: Dust S14, God of War Ascension, The Last of Us, Tales of Xillia, Beyond Two Souls, Atelier Ayesha, Sly Cooper, Pupeteer.

I didn't buy GTA IV, but I will buy GTA V

You'd have a point but for the fact that most of those PS3 games will struggle to sell anything meaningful and arent really GTA competitors or vice versa.  But any of those releasing within a week or so of GTA will struggle big time.

God of war and the last of us could ate some of those sales. I have lots of unfinished games and little time so I will just buy one of those 3, I still don't know which. The other games won't affect GTA sales.

With respect the opposite is more likely.

I agree. My point was, those two games could be under the same radar as GTA5 for some people. The other games, not at all.

I think it will, if there is no timed DLC exclusivity like there was for Grand Theft Auto IV.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

It's possible.

I wonder who will make GTA V bundles ? MS or Sony ?

Lyrikalstylez said:
Nope, I'm getting the 360 version for achievements, which I'm sure many others are also doing

Trophies on PS3 are pretty much the same thing.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
I wouldn't buy a new game if the next gen console will be around the corner in a few months.......

and backwards compatible (tbd)

So you'll hold off on GTA V, The Last of US, God of War Ascension, Gears of War Judgement all because new systems come out 6 to 8 months later? Some of the best games on PS2 came out close to PS3's release or even after it came out (God of War II, Okami, Final Fantasy XII).

Edit: Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising...

Backwards compatibility is not guaranteed either (especially on PS4).

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

I highly doubt it. Previous game sales have little to nothing to do with a newer game, especially this far into a generation. More people own an Xbox, and more people own an PS3. The number of consoles have changed ALOT since GTA IV was introduced to the market.

Another thread about this???? Guess I should not be surprised. Still whichever console lives longer will probably sell more.

zumnupy10 said:
It's possible.

I wonder who will make GTA V bundles ? MS or Sony ?

Hopefully none. I prefer Rockstar to stay neutral and let the consumer decide which to buy. No timed-exclusive DLC or bundle crap.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

going by GTA4 sales, this should be relatively easy win for ps3. its europe that will do most of the damage. problem is, vgchartz tracking in europe is not very accurate. also GTA4 on ps3 may have passed the 360 version ages ago.

http://spong.com/article/17386/GTA-IV-Sales-Split-50-50-over-Xbox-and-PS3

thats from 2009.

That goes two ways, Xbox may have more of a market share in Europe since the tracked data is inaccurate. Besides, GTA's biggest market is the US.

But, it doesn't matter. As long as the game sells well on both platforms, im happy.