By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up 22nd Dec. YOY: HW DOWN 1m & SW DOWN 15m!!

DieAppleDie said:
Msony releases their big boys and Nintendo releases......Paper Mario
Nintendo! Stop bullying!

Sony had no measurable release for first party at all and Nintendo had a 2d mario

Around the Network

These sales make for some sad readings :/

360 and PS3 hold decently for me
Wii continues the great collapse, but that's not unexpected
3DS continues to dominate vita
WiiU sales are good in Japan, decent in America and horrible in Europe, I don't know how people can defend numbers so low :/

The YOY change was expected, X360 is holding quite well, considering.

3DS better keeps it pace, Nintendo will need that to support WiiU, which is ....well let's wait a bit longer.

Funny how people only mentioned the Wii U bad sales in Europe and compare it to the Vita....according to VGC Europe is the world.

Anyway, bad Wii U sales in Europe, Nintendo most do something about it, but nice sales in both North America and Japan. The 3DS is simple a beast, at this rate it could very well sell more units than the DS lifetime. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Are Nintendo not ever bothered with the UK? because i am still seeing more Wonder Book and Vita adverts than Wii U.

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
Mazty said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Once again, you Nintendo haters need to really hide your true colors better.

3DS still beasting, as expected, and Wii U will pick up in sales. Man, the Vita should do much better than that. The gap between X360 and PS3 is great for Sony, but doubt they care, given the crisis they are in. Overall, worse than last year, but the fact that handheld gaming is still kicking is great news for the video game industry. Surprised the DS is still selling great, but there were plenty of sales for it and the 3DS at my local Target.

You really shouldn't make such statements when you really don't have anything to base them on. Wii U sales MIGHT pick up, they might not. 

Nintendo knows what they are doing. They won't just screw up for their next home console. Not even two months in, and everyone is making judgements. Just compare the Xbox360, PS3, and Wii U launch.

Nintendo aren't some omniscient power - they might have made a mistake.

Comparing the 360/Wii/PS3 launches are irrelevant as the market was vastly different back then, plus those consoles weren't competiting against the previous generation, whereas the Wii U is fighting the PS3/360 head on with the volume of identical ports it has - there has been no "PGR3" yet for it. 
Either way, you can't claim Nintendo sales will pick up as that is not a fact, just speculation. 

Kresnik said:

Ooh, which thread do I pick, you or Pezus?

I'll choose this one. Since you've already made 3 posts!

Anyway, massive from 3DS... impressive.

Vita finally breaks 200k... less impressive.  PSP surprisingly shot up with that Japanese week as well.

PS3 - 360 gap remains pretty small, has been lower than I've thought all holiday season really.

Wii-U... down 5k?  Not terrible, but was expecting it to go up a little.

Vita broke 200k on Black Friday week http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41238/Global/

DS is cutting into both 3DS and Vita sales.

sperrico87 said:
Sensei said:
People say Vita is dead and doomed. However it manages to outsell Wii U in Europe. Then how doomed and dead is Wii U?

Wii U is heavily supply-constrained in Europe, while Vita is available in mass quantities as systems have been sitting on shelves collecting dust for months now.  Pretty huge difference, there.

Nope. Look at the position COD:BOD is on that UK chart. People are buying the games with bundles more than the ones that have been collecting dust.

@bold
Wishful thinking. 

JGarret said:
sperrico, is Pikmin even a system seller?

Is not a huge system seller but can move the market enough when there are few Nintendo games available. I will give you an example/explanation... a lot of people who likes Nintendo games where looking for the Wii U, but the only Nintendo titles available were a 2D Mario than some consider fun but not a must buy and Nintendo Land a mini-game collection, there was nothing else and the only other thing to check out was ZombiU that got decent but not great reviews. So there is a group of people that withold their purchase (I did) till something else that shows promise is available, in my case that game can be Pikmin 3, in somebody else case it can be the Lego title and for others the Wonderfull 101 game.

By itself neither of the 3 exclusive games pending is going to be a system seller (maybe Pikmin 3 can reach 1.2 million sale LTD with luck), but together they can make more people interesed on the system.

slowmo said:
kber81 said:

I have to admit I'm really pleased and surprised with PS3 performance. I think most of our regular 360 supporters didn't expect such an outcome. The lead of PS3 was supposed to vanish during holiday period.

I think most people expected the 360 to have a global price cut too.  The only region it did get a price cut (albeit temporary) it easily outsold the PS3.  Sony and Microsoft both made mistakes, Sony should have released the 12GB in the US and Europe should have been given a proper price cut by Microsoft.  I think the inevitable 360 price cut next year will mean the PS3 will have to wait till 2014 before it can overtake, it needed to do better over the holidays to overtake in 2013 imo.  

It does seem interesting that launch aligned the PS3 is declining quicker now.  Its been a strange generation.

A price cut for XBox 360 at this point would do absolutely nothing