By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any non 360 owners buying the Nextbox??

If you are a non 360 owner will you be purchasing the 720??

Yes 65 20.57%

No 153 48.42%

see results 98 31.01%

Total:316
Normando said:
JayWood2010 said:
Branko2166 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seeing as how nobody knows anything about the NeXbox don't you think this is waaaaay too early to make a thread like this?

You may be right. I guess I just wanted a bit of feedback from the community here. And my thought process regarding the Nextbox is that while I know that  its hardware specs are only rumoured at this stage it's their exclusive franchises which are drawing me in.

Well the only people who are blindly going to buy a console are fanboys.  Since we don't know anything about it fanboys are really the only ones who will probably say it is for certain they will buy it.

I don't think that's all true. I'm sure some people will buy it to stick with certain games that they like. If someone loves the Halo games than that might be enough for them to buy the neXtbox all by itself.

Fanboy was probably not the right word to use.  I'm just saying that people will need to be convinced to buy it if they aren't a fan of xbox already.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
JayWood2010 said:
Branko2166 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Seeing as how nobody knows anything about the NeXbox don't you think this is waaaaay too early to make a thread like this?

You may be right. I guess I just wanted a bit of feedback from the community here. And my thought process regarding the Nextbox is that while I know that  its hardware specs are only rumoured at this stage it's their exclusive franchises which are drawing me in.

Well the only people who are blindly going to buy a console are fanboys.  Since we don't know anything about it fanboys are really the only ones who will probably say it is for certain they will buy it.

so you're calling me a Sony/ninty fanboy!!! see that's why i can't stand you. you piss me off all.....lol i'm kiding.

i'm somewhat (50% ) onboard wih Nintendo, and there's a 70% likelihood i'll end up with PSnext. the only reason for this, is that i know wht to expect from Sony and Nintendo.

MS isn't doing enough in the games department for me to find interest in 360 or nextbox. and yes it's all about the exclusives.

Maybe fanboy is harsh words lol  What I mean is that the only people who will blindly buy a console are ones who already are a fan of the previous console or games.  If you don't own X360 and your not a fan of it then you won't blindly buy the next xbox until you know there is a reason to buy it.

this

Not as long as they keep charging for online

Dont buy launch, MSFT product at launch can be a nightmare, i would wait to see if there are hardware issues

I likely wont. It all depends on the exclusive software, which has been underwhelming for the 360 imo. Aside from Halo, nothing else interest me on the console, and I don't like the direction they are taking that IP in.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

If next gen begins the way this one ends, then probably not. I'm not a fan of Gears of War, which pretty much leaves Halo and a few downloadable games as my only reasons to buy a 360. Keep in mind that I'm about 50% or more a PC gamer, so a lot of console "exclusives" really aren't for me. In my opinion, this is more significant for Microsoft than for Sony. Also, I don't want to pay for Live, as I don't really care much for online multi-player, but the 360 is pretty much crippled in a lot ways without it. When it comes down to it, I just really like the variety and wider selection of exclusives associated with the PS3.

That's just guess work, though. If Microsoft wows me, or Sony disappoints, I could very well go with the 720 as my primary console. I did it when I switched from Nintendo to Playstation, after all. However, for that to happen, I think Microsoft would need to have more true exclusives and to add more value to Live.

Of course, if I'm making a lot of money by that time then this could all be moot, as I would probably buy both.

If it has good games, I'll consider getting the slim boxed version.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

i owned a 360 but after the last couple years i felt really burnt out cause the last new IP we had was alan wake almost three years ago and now it is a on PC plus they keep milking gears and halo i like them but i am getting tired of shooters

I don't currently own an xbox, but I am open minded the the "720" if I feel it has what I'm most looking for out of a console. I won't be purchasing it at launch that's for sure, but I'd certainly give it a fair chance. I'm probably going to be picking up a 360 as soon as they drop the price. Hopefully they'll do so this year.

I'm also open minded to the Wii U, but it would have to be a few years from now and much cheaper unless they get some really good games and I change my mind.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I usually buy one home console each generation, simply because I don't have time to play on all of them. And I'm reluctant to buy something that will collect dust 99% of the time.

I'm quite certain that I'll pass on "nextbox" in the same way I passed on 360. Halo and Gears are really not my cup of tea. I like the flexibility of SONY's libraries so I assume I'll stick with them. (I wouldn't call myself SONY fanboy, but I would say that I simply adore Amy Hennig and everything she does. And as long as she remains in Naughty Dog I'll have a reason to stick with SONY's consoles).