By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

naruball said:

Kowenicki writes the same thing every week in Media create threads:

"Wow at Vita. Terrible/horrendous/destroyed by 3ds" or anything along those lines. We've discussed it before and he suggested that he likes pointing out the obvious. At least once every week.

I think barely managing 20k (or not at all) in Japan the week before Christmas is pretty "wow" worthy.

Around the Network

Gawd dauym at those 3DS numbers! Wii U holding up pretty good...

Talk about Nintendomination!!Now, if they only knew how to please the Western market as well...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Not surprise with 3DS sales and PSP. People keep buying 3DS because they know they can play ALL DS games without any lazy procedure.

naruball said:
ebw said:
VGKing said:
outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Vita has its first pre holiday anniversary. Sales down over 70% and only one title in the top 30.

Wow.

How is that surprising? Its Japanese support is virtually non-existant. PSP is the one getting all that Japanese love.

Where did I say it's surprising. 

The "Wow." at the end implies some sort of shock or surprise.

THIS. At least where I come from which is the United States..

No, for any reasonable person (even in the United States), "Wow" could also be used to express disbelief at some unusual or extreme occurrence.   This is an emotion that is separate from our rational ability to make predictions.  It's not surprising or shocking when an aurora appears after a large solar flare: but if I see one I'll still say "Wow".  Just because I understand the cause doesn't mean I can't be amazed to witness it.

Kowenicki writes the same thing every week in Media create threads:

"Wow at Vita. Terrible/horrendous/destroyed by 3ds" or anything along those lines. We've discussed it before and he suggested that he likes pointing out the obvious. At least once every week.

Just because the Vita has been failing for a year now does not mean that we should ignore it.

There's no reason we should "leave it alone" - especially after hearing about how successful it would be.

When something launched with great expectations and fell flat on its face, it should be recognized for that week in and week out.

Just because it's not favorable for some to hear, does not mean that it should not be said.

I believe that once people stop saying "It hasn't had its first second Christmas", "Wait till the big games come out", "It needs Monster Hunter", etc etc etc; people will stop saying "Another terrible week for Vita", "Vita is a complete failure", and "3DS creamed Vita in the face with remarkable amounts of its fertile love inducing baby batter".

Time will tell. 

jonnybmk said:

No offense, dude, but it's like I said in one of your other threads.

Brazil is irrelevant. There's the USA ( a county), Japan ( a country), and Europe ( a CONTINENT).

How is a South American country even in the conversation?

No offense...

Well you just need to review your concepts... it's not me but all the biggest game company that thinks Brazil is relevant.

Capcom "In 2011, Brazil surpassed Canada as our number two territory behind the US."

The predictions for 2016 is to Brazil becamo one of the biggest videogame maket in the world (today it is just 4th).

Around the Network

Hmmmmm, did AKB1/149 also have a bundle like One Piece?

Edit: I guess not.  Just a Limited Edition for it.

ethomaz said:

jonnybmk said:

No offense, dude, but it's like I said in one of your other threads.

Brazil is irrelevant. There's the USA ( a county), Japan ( a country), and Europe ( a CONTINENT).

How is a South American country even in the conversation?

No offense...

Well you just need to review your concepts... it's not me but all the biggest game company that thinks Brazil is relevant.

Capcom "In 2011, Brazil surpassed Canada as our number two territory behind the US."

The predictions for 2016 is to Brazil becamo one of the biggest videogame maket in the world (today it is just 4th).

LOL!

At best that "article" is satire.

Listen, I'm all for national pride. But as it stands, your country is not relevant in any way in this type of discussion.

Yes. You have some hot women (even the hairy ones).

But that alone does NOT make Brazil relevant. Brazil is child's play, a second thought, a fleeting memory of old technology. You said yourself that the PS2 came to Brazil in 2009. Are you serious?! 2009?!

While the rest of us are looking forward to the REAL next generation, you are 2 generations behind.

So please. Take your nationalistic pride elsewhere and realize that the world turns just fine without Brazil. The USA is the decision maker and always will be. We don't need you. 

BRAZIL IS IRRELEVANT. (you do have hot women though)

Thanks!  :^)

~JonnyBMK

Speaking of nationalistic pride....

jonnybmk said:
ethomaz said:

LOL!

At best that "article" is satire.

Listen, I'm all for national pride. But as it stands, your country is not relevant in any way in this type of discussion.

Yes. You have some hot women (even the hairy ones).

But that alone does NOT make Brazil relevant. Brazil is child's play, a second thought, a fleeting memory of old technology. You said yourself that the PS2 came to Brazil in 2009. Are you serious?! 2009?!

While the rest of us are looking forward to the REAL next generation, you are 2 generations behind.

So please. Take your nationalistic pride elsewhere and realize that the world turns just fine without Brazil. The USA is the decision maker and always will be. We don't need you. 

BRAZIL IS IRRELEVANT. (you do have hot women though)

Thanks!  :^)

~JonnyBMK

I fail to see how that contributes to a Japan Sales thread. I don't consider him being nationalistic or anything, the first post you quoted he talked about Japan, the US and Brazil, and then you start poking because of the Brazil end. Then again, this is off-topic!

Taken from the gaf thread.

PSP+PSV(2011 YTD)=2,413,744
PSP+PSV(2012 YTD)=1,528,060(-36.7%)

Looking ahead to Week 52, PSP+PSV did 105,394 in 2011.

3DS+DS(2011 YTD)=4,736,175
3DS+DS(2012 YTD)=5,315,801(+12.2%)

Looking ahead to week 52, 3DS+DS did 203,754 in 2011.

All handhelds(2011 YTD)=7,149,919
All handhelds(2012 YTD)=6,843,861(-4.3%)

Some extra info looking ahead, total sales for 2011.
PSP=2,079,152
PSP+PSV=2,519,138

3DS=4,282,142
3DS+DS=4,939,929

All handhelds=7,459,067

Double post :(